• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some new project ideas!

I'm not looking to do anything that would effect my perfect interior. As far as really big projects, I'm done forever with those. I sold my Cheromanche project because I was in rehab for about a year and a half and I knew I would never be able to finish it (and it had more/better crap than Big Bro)!
FH000004_zpsetwaopgv.jpg

FH000013.jpg

Ok cool... Looks like you did pretty good man thats sweet! 2 doors always just look off to me tho- just doesnt please the eye. If i did it, id want rollbars like old trucks at the very least to support the weak unibody. Would prefer to just go the full distance and cage it with tire mounted in back.

Ok. Aside from that none of the other 11 ideas impact your perfect interior? Ok convertable might get into your headliner.. I saw a sweet xj on google with a hoist in the garage to remove and return the roof with ease, by far one of the coolest things ive seen as far as cutting the roof at all.

Which job(s) are too big? I full heartedly am trying to help you think of stuff... You want a job that takes MONTHS but dont want a big mod?

Color matched half doors made from a donor xj then painted to match type of thing?

could you give an example of what kind of project would take you months to finish? sounds like we are over/under shooting some ideas.

flipping a jeep wasnt a bad thought. something driveable you could do a few things to and turn over again?

The Cheromanche was going to be a trail rig only unlike Big Bro which is my daily driver(family rig). I built a half cage for it, had D44's front rear, a brand new crate NV241 Rock-trac tc, suspension seats and more.
2 simpler projects would be change out the No-slip for a ARB and build a new build rear bumper with tire carrier, etc..
FH000015_zps5uteojjb.jpg

FH000021_zpsnqxkkgvi.jpg

Diy roof top tent?
Diy fly rod vault?

I forgot add that I love to fish but can't now, and I sold my pop-up trailer which I took everywhere with me and can't use anymore for a bramd new 26' toy-hauler.
IMG_27041_zpsdec32968.jpg

P1080584_zpshadqfvjh.jpg

Well since no one has seen a right up on ig bro its hard to tell ya to build a rear bumper with swing out tire carrier...... Sounds like you answered your own question tho

Well in 20yrs the subject never came up. I have a gas tank skid and until my ZJ tank mod last month I also had a class 3 receiver. I removed it knowing that I would do the "cut-n-fold" mod for a better bumper but now is not a good time for that. It's been 110*+ all week and all my steel is outside. I just measured my steel temps at 160* let alone all the time it would take to cut and weld it all together!
P1080834.JPG

P1080832(1).JPG

P1080833.JPG

With my disabilties it's hard enough to keep up with the 2 I have now.

Have ya considered getting a beater and finding some young kids to help you and you can teach them.........so the 'sport' and your knowledge can live on ?

Might not be a bad thing to help you and help you keep busy ??

I have got the busiest household you would ever imagine but the kids (my oldest grandson is 18+) have no interest in anything but their gaming. I try to get them all involved but that hasn't happened!

They don't have to be related to you......

My daughter has no interest in hunting...but she'll sure chow down on the fruits of my hunting...

Build some bead lock wheels and sell or give them away to members here.
Stop using words that are not in our vocabulary (cant) I dont care our age or how crippled we are we can and we do not we will .

I barely get things done for myself and I have never lost a bead, I've never ever punctured or cut down a tire. The club I wheel with we have 1 guy that goes 2 tires all the time, I always tell him he chose the wrong line.

Under most conditions I will air down to 12psi front and 10psi rear. At the dunes or other good terrain I will go as low as 10/8 psi and that's on load range "C" tires.

I figured you didnt need wnt them but I'd sure like a set I sure theyd sell like hot cakes. Even just rock rings on cheap steel wheels. The light bar crowd will be knocking on your door.
You could put together a foot operated turner actually maybe not I'm drifting to recentering not sure a turner will be any advantage since runs are only 2-3" on rock rings.

Tools for the welder/mechanic, helping hands a 3rd hand in your case a second. I've had some injuries in my life that left me with it the use of a leg for a year and one arm for a few months. I know how frustrating it can be. I cant imagine it being permanent.
Who better to creat simple products geared towards welding/fabrication .

Like the turner table it was a simple idea . Bob you turn this and I'll hold the rod.

Who knows, something

imo if you cut n fold, ide have cut and welded a new plate to the bottom, wouldve been much easier, not thats its difficult though. The fold part is just kinda crummy having folds of metal in the interior vs a solid plate.

I already done one and it doesn't work exactly that way. On Lil Sis I ended up with 2 layers of skin plus it's down below the floor pan and behind the interior quarter panel trim.

Got a project, but it's not a Jeep. Dr. Dirt was originally completed 40yrs ago as a pre-runner for the Parker 400 and the Mint 400. It's in the background of my wire harness thread. A upgrade to it will suck up a few months and a few thousand dollars. I'll probably start a thread in the "off topic" forum.
20180415_111654_zpskrxmhlkx.jpg

I like the idea of a wiring/electrical upgrade. Two others are a Strut brace. I think Evan03 build has one. Yes, the XJ does not have struts. I did look at my '01. I wonder in tying it to the holes of the spring towers. Then extensions to the inner fenders.
Another one is you've had interest in COP ignition. I have looked into it. I looked at a Viper board, Honda boards and Stealth, Talon, Mitsubishi board. Basically from what I could cull is the 00-01 XJ is set up to an extent for this. The problem is the COPs might draw to much volts for the EMC. There was a discussion on the Stealth board on this and the Viper too. A guy going by Dragkita posted a wiring diagram on direct voltage to the coils, then using the EMC as the switch. Sort of like the headlight wiring upgrade.
Someday I might get to this. I think it would be easier to for you to do these, then I can copy. OK, easier for me.

I like the idea of a wiring/electrical upgrade. Two others are a Strut brace. I think Evan03 build has one. Yes, the XJ does not have struts. I did look at my '01. I wonder in tying it to the holes of the spring towers. Then extensions to the inner fenders.
Another one is you've had interest in COP ignition. I have looked into it. I looked at a Viper board, Honda boards and Stealth, Talon, Mitsubishi board. Basically from what I could cull is the 00-01 XJ is set up to an extent for this. The problem is the COPs might draw to much volts for the EMC. There was a discussion on the Stealth board on this and the Viper too. A guy going by Dragkita posted a wiring diagram on direct voltage to the coils, then using the EMC as the switch. Sort of like the headlight wiring upgrade.
Someday I might get to this. I think it would be easier to for you to do these, then I can copy. OK, easier for me.

Start here, that was my original idea. Not going to happen!

OOPS! https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1148702

Back