• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for some new project ideas!

What about doing some coilovers or Ori in the rear with some proper links? I'm digging in on some research on this topic currently...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not my cup of tea, I do and want to keep it fairly stock in design. I already get all the flex I need and I do most of the technical trails there are(that's all about knowing how to take them).

I'll try to save some time here, what I currently have(I'll probably forget something) :2000XJ - 5.5" RE lift, Stroker, Griffin radiator, MSD ign, Screamin Demon coil pack, engine pre-oiler, custom LA's, 4:1 t-case, wide chain, 2-low kit, super AW4, trans cooler, all PSC steering w/ cooler and their pulley, Currie steering, WJ/KJ brakes w/ Durango MC, Chromoly axles, on-board air w/ Arb front-No-slip rear, TW driveshafts, All SS plumbing(brakes/trans/power steering/fuel), ZJ gas tank w/ skid, custom rock rails w/ custom frame-rail skids, winch, tons of ancillary things - some of the really old threads the pics don't work but I still have them.

One of the little things I haven't gotten around to yet is to convert that ashtray in the back of the center console into a power port. I am thinking of something along the lines of what I did with the cigarette lighter in my dash where I took out the cigarette lighter and in its place put two cigarette lighter type 12V outlets, two USB outlets and two Anderson Power Poles.

Most folks probably wouldn't have much use for the Anderson Power Poles, but a 12V cigarette lighter and a couple of USB ports might make more sense than an ash tray.

Remember guys I'm looking for a distraction for a few months not a 1 day project!

. change the color of the jeep
. remove/redo the undercoating
. not sure what your air intake set up is, but if you wanted to invest something the draws air from the front of the vehicle and not the engine bay(If your set up like so). Ide try making something custom to make it functional yet factory looking.
. airbag adjustable suspension all around hahaha
. any possibility of DIY c clip eliminators?
. custom center console and dash
. cantilever rear suspension because why not....
. propane conversion

I read your quick build sheet.

It is stockish. I think a nice rig like that could use a dana 60 14ff or even dana60 in the rear. I know that would kinda be waisting the money on the axles you already invested in

The 4:1 tcase is sweet. I'll buy it for 500 and you can replace it with a atlas doubler or something.

Hell maybe just burn some plate till your blue in the face and maybe this will clear your head up.

Are you retired or is the world falling apart affecting your work?

I built this achieve what Jeep didn't, weight is your enemy if I can 95% of the best trail rigs out there. I also travel 1000's of miles to get to the trail and that's not happening in a over-built rig.

I haven't been in the workforce since '12 and my stroke so I've got lots of money but my days are kind of numbered(we'll see, most say I'm to young for anything)! The hard part is getting things done with only one arm!

Has to be roll caged right? Tons? Atlas?

Make it a convertible.

Make the rear a truck bed with functioning half of hatch as a tail gate?

Coil overs? 4 link the rear? On board air? On board welder?

Diy roof top tent?

Diy fly rod vault?

Hell there is always something to do even if it’s wrong! Plastidip the wheels a different color see if it looks cooler.

I’ll try to find your build thread... but you post so many damn threads I’m sure it’s buried 35 pages in! :confused1

Last edited:
Get a dog.

Guess I skipped the whole 2nd page... this is definitely THE post of the week! LMMFAO

your build sheet has some of my ideas done already but far from “done era thang” boss.

Maybe make an actual build thread with pics and details mini write ups... should take months with how great you’ve already done everything;)

Lots of money and one arm isnt a bad place to be. Your a welder so Im sure you've already figured it out
I spent quite alt of time with the use of one leg I cant right now decide if being minus leg would be better or wore then missing an arm.

I do know if I had to choose I'd keep my eyes over either.

Our days are only numbered if we allow them to be.

Get a dog.

I've got 2 crazy and wild pit bull pound puppy's in the Bridal flavor!

Guess I skipped the whole 2nd page... this is definitely THE post of the week! LMMFAO

your build sheet has some of my ideas done already but far from “done era thang” boss.

Maybe make an actual build thread with pics and details mini write ups... should take months with how great you’ve already done everything;)

That's because everything has been done on here over the last 20yrs. There was never one single build thread but they are all here. How about a rebuild thread? https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145993

Remember guys I'm looking for a distraction for a few months not a 1 day project!

Get a 3-D printer to start making your own parts. And flying spaghetti monsters.

Through the floor shocks in the rear maybe? Storage solutions of some kind? Bypass shocks for an ongoing tunability of perfection?

Buy a neglected Jeep, fix it up, bring it back to life, and flip it. Use that profit to buy a neglected Jeep, fix it up, bring it back to life, and flip it. Use that profit to....

You get the picture....

Not my cup of tea, I do and want to keep it fairly stock in design. I already get all the flex I need and I do most of the technical trails there are(that's all about knowing how to take them).

Through the floor shocks in the rear maybe? Storage solutions of some kind? Bypass shocks for an ongoing tunability of perfection?

Buy a neglected Jeep, fix it up, bring it back to life, and flip it. Use that profit to buy a neglected Jeep, fix it up, bring it back to life, and flip it. Use that profit to....

You get the picture....

With my disabilties it's hard enough to keep up with the 2 I have now.

One armed man with money seeks red head freind.
Tender add no hands needed and will keep you plenty busy, thank me later. Maybe ask your wife for permission

I've got 2 crazy and wild pit bull pound puppy's in the Bridal flavor!

That's because everything has been done on here over the last 20yrs. There was never one single build thread but they are all here. How about a rebuild thread? https://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1145993

Many people create threads long after the “build process”.

You can catalog all you have done in one place and share your trials and errors.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t have a build thread... had one on nazja or what ever it was but kinda stopped updating with kids and what not. BUT you have a desire to kill time so it’s a fair option.

What about my list at the top of this page? Nothing appealing?

Back