• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lonley

Kyle Horvath

NAXJA Forum User
I just sold my rig. . .
Didn't want to do it but it was the only option. . .
It sucks.
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Now I have to find a new vehicle. . . Ideas??

What will you be using it for?

I gotta get something that gets better MPGs. I was driving about 10-15MPH less than the posted speed to try and push the mileage I was getting in my rig, still only getting around 18 freeway, which is pretty good for having 33's.
I'll be driving 60 miles to work, and need a 30MPG vehicle. I thought about a motorcycle, or buying a commute car, but thats not happening.

I'm thinking a 4 door Sidekick is an OK option. It's got 4WD, decent upgrades, good mileage, and is versitile enough for me. Samurais are cool, but too small.

Anybody have any luck with a 4WD and good mileage? What else is out there other than the Rav4, CRV, and Sidekick?

Well, that Bushmaster gets about.........

.000000000000365 MPG

I would probably go with a sidekick over the other ones. If you want to go with something else, Theres the Ford Excape, They have hybrid models. I can't think of any others.

85xj4dr said:
Well, that Bushmaster gets about.........

.000000000000365 MPG

Its diesel so you know it does pretty good......................for a 26000lbs box on wheels.

a 4cyl xj....4runner with 4cyl....
ummmm, you cant really do the 4x4 thing and 30mpg without spending some cash unless youre gonna do a sammy or maybe a sidekick. buy a cheap commuter and then another trail rig, something like an xj or a scout....or a 4runner with the 22re....maybe look into deisel scouts, ive seen em on craiglist for under 4k, with around 32mpg with that old nissan deisel 6 cyl....

What bumper and tire carrier is that?

If it wasnt for Californias damn motor swap rules I would be dropping a diesel into my heep for the better milage.

Older Tracker. 2 door models had a removeable top, and the 4 doors still get decent mileage. Both can be had with 4cyl/5speed.

Well, he can't keep it now. It's mine. . .all mine. :looney:

Now I just have to figure out what to do about that front axle. Sure, swapping it out is a great idea, but Kyle has all my money now. Anyone have a HP D30 the need to get rid of really cheaply?

Back