• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms , clayton vs TNT

devilstoy

NAXJA Forum User
i have a rough country long arm set up now and i cant really complain to much about it , but its just time to upgrade to something nicer and better , i'd still like to stick with the radius arm style arms and i been up in the air between the clayton long arm kit and the tnt set up , i been leaning towards tnt , the cross member set up seems nicer and has a skid plate , and also the clayton 3 link has been on my mind , whats peoples opinions between these kits and why ?

I know this is going to start a feud, but they don't call it "radius arm boogie" for nothing.
That's my $0.02.

I really like my TNT long arm.. For a radius arm set up I think its one of the best. super beefy and arms mounts tuck fairley high.

IMG_20120624_101425.jpg

IMG_20120125_204827.jpg

Last edited:
im curently running a clayton rossmember with my own 3 link, i have yet to be hung up on the arms or crossmember, the clayton setup is super easy to install and no need to pull the suspention to do trans or tcase work, if i was to buy off the shelf it would be clayton, rock krawler or poly performance

I think this is a tough call. I really like the fact that TNT has the built-in skid crossmember, the arms are bent for more clearance.
Then I like the removable center section and the boxed arms that clayton has, and how easy it is to convert to 3 link.
Are you looking for the new long arm kit in its entirety or just the "upgrade" with your other current components? Either way, I say choose what you think is best.
I plan on going with a mid-arm setup, most likely y-link possibly 3-link

I'm sorry for my ignorance: what's the issue with a Radius Arm?
Some say that radius arms unload more on hill/steep angle climbs, and pinion angle can be changed enough to the point of binding. But limit straps should be used anyways.

I think this is a tough call. I really like the fact that TNT has the built-in skid crossmember, the arms are bent for more clearance.
Then I like the removable center section and the boxed arms that clayton has, and how easy it is to convert to 3 link.
Are you looking for the new long arm kit in its entirety or just the "upgrade" with your other current components? Either way, I say choose what you think is best.
I plan on going with a mid-arm setup, most likely y-link possibly 3-link

Some say that radius arms unload more on hill/steep angle climbs, and pinion angle can be changed enough to the point of binding. But limit straps should be used anyways.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm in the process of upgrade but it's almost a fact that will keep the 4 link short arms setup.

what is important to you?

most people opt for clayton for the removable crossmember that doesnt require you to drop the arms to get the tranny out.

the TNT kit gets a lot of props for the belly pan.

if you want to spend some coin on something nice, have you considered the BDS 4 link?

Everything I'm considering is right about the same
Price , after talking to some more people I'm kinda leaning into the Clayton 3 link , I just wish it some kind of belly pan , and I do like the Bds 4 link as well

It's caster change people have issues with. The pinion actually rotates up, helping your driveshaft angle on droop.

Radius arms are fine, but a 3 link is definitely better.

If you don't want radius arms and want a belly pan, BDS is the way to go.

I went with something different and got the Poly Performance 3 link. I was able to modify my TnT belly pan to fit with the mounts. Works like a charm. Pricey, but worth it IMO.

why no mention of rockkawler?, they have real nice kits as well..
I like the TNT kit but what I dont like about is the small RE style joints. clayton has a very nice setup as well but their crossmember offers no protect however they use larger hardware+ more beef. Pick n choose your battles each comapny has great ideas as well as bownsides.

If you don't want radius arms and want a belly pan, BDS is the way to go.

I went with something different and got the Poly Performance 3 link. I was able to modify my TnT belly pan to fit with the mounts. Works like a charm. Pricey, but worth it IMO.

You got a link to the poly kit ??

Why no mention of Serious Offroad Products Serious LongArms?
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...=77863&zenid=f4cebd4fa092ebaab3a649f25dbf6e2f
You say price is a big factor to you, I think this setup will give you your best bang for your buck. I am local to T&T and while they have an amazing setup, my wife wouldn't let me drop that kind of coin. I'd already bought my winch bumper from FrankZ so I knew when it was time to beef things up and get longarms, I immediately went to him. His setup is BEEF and is seriously simple to install. Def. give it a chance and check it out. There are quiet a few folks out there running it and absolutely love it. You support a great vendor and contributor to NAXJA and many other Jeep forums!

Back