• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms , clayton vs TNT

I plan on going with a mid-arm setup, most likely y-link possibly 3-link

don't do the y-link if your arms arent going to be too long. the shorter the arms, the more significant the caster change upon travel, and the more intense the inherint binding issues will be.

Why no mention of Serious Offroad Products Serious LongArms?
http://www.seriousoffroadproducts.c...=77863&zenid=f4cebd4fa092ebaab3a649f25dbf6e2f
You say price is a big factor to you, I think this setup will give you your best bang for your buck. I am local to T&T and while they have an amazing setup, my wife wouldn't let me drop that kind of coin. I'd already bought my winch bumper from FrankZ so I knew when it was time to beef things up and get longarms, I immediately went to him. His setup is BEEF and is seriously simple to install. Def. give it a chance and check it out. There are quiet a few folks out there running it and absolutely love it. You support a great vendor and contributor to NAXJA and many other Jeep forums!

I never said price was a factor , it was before and that's why I ended up with rough country
Bullshit , but serious offroad did contact me a d his kit does look beefy as hell

I thought 2" x .25" DOM lowers were beefy too...until after a couple trips my front end was a 3-link with radiused arms.

I might be kinda hard on stuff though.

don't do the y-link if your arms arent going to be too long. the shorter the arms, the more significant the caster change upon travel, and the more intense the inherint binding issues will be.

They would not be much shorter than the TNT arms, but would be short enough to utilize custom brackets vs a new crossmember. I am not really into the whole rock crawling thing, I don't have the patience for it mostly. I do enjoy trail rides, and have the sand dunes near me.

They would not be much shorter than the TNT arms, but would be short enough to utilize custom brackets vs a new crossmember. I am not really into the whole rock crawling thing, I don't have the patience for it mostly. I do enjoy trail rides, and have the sand dunes near me.

regardless of crawling or not i would advise against building a halfass suspension system. some people have issues with broken bolts, bent mounts, and bushing/joint wear as it is with longarm y-links. making those arms any shorter will only make those issues more apparent.

I would lean towards the 3 link route if i were you.

Doesn't TeraFlex make their 6" long arm kit for XJ's anymore? I've been searching for info, but can't find it.

its junk. uses stock length uppers with long lowers. this causes severe pinion dive upon droop.

Clayton's pro 3 link

I've got this kit and love it. Rides beautifully on and off road. The wash board roads to and from the trails out here are no longer a kidney punching suckfest. They are now almost an enjoyable part of the day. And with my tires at 10 psi, the washboard no longer exists. I wheel mine hard in rocks, ravines, steep ledges, and I havent come close to being Hung up on the crossmember/arm mounts. Drives smart, and remember whats hanging underneath and you'll be fine. For the price, its an awesome kit and I can't complain. Only opportunity would be too incorporate a decent skid plate from the crossmember.

FWIW I bought a 01 with a Clayton Radius arm LA setup 2 years ago, and I believe the last owner installed it 3 years before that. The Johnny joints seems to be holding up well, and they are beefy enough.

As was posted before, if for some reason you need to drop the cross member, the entire suspension setup stays in place, just a link between them comes out.

I personally like that :)

Back