• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock in Lock out hubs?

dude you're hurting my head. first you're talking cj, now you're talking wagoneer.. you do know that not all jeeps that are non xj's are the same right? ;)

CJ's had a front dana 30, 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Wagoneers had a dana 44, 6x5.5 bolt battern.

Most likely you would use ford outers with the reid knuckles to get 5x5.5, but you would still end up replacing all of the bearings and seals, which would add up to be a good chunk of change - and since you're getting rid of the stronger 27 spline unit bearing stubs to run dana 44 19 spline spindle stubs, you really need to go alloy at the same time. and upgrade to new warn premium hub.

The reid kit is a classy way to get to 5x5.5 and get true high steer. For that, it is a really well setup kit. What it is NOT is a cheaper path to locking hubs.

At the end of the day, going hubs does not save any gas mileage, does not make parts easier to maintain, and does not increase strength.

I thought Wagoneer was 5on5.5. That is why I said to call WFO and ask for details. I was thought the CJ hubs would work with the Dendenbear outers.

Back