• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lining the Rockers

Well I just had a horrible realization. We painted my parents kitchen with latex paint, and didn't pull off the masking tape before it dried. Which ruined most of the clean edges we made. Im assuming I will have to remove the masking tape before the bedliner dries, otherwise it's probably not coming off?

DSC_0937.jpg

soo.... did you take the masking off with the liner still wet?

98XJSport said:
soo.... did you take the masking off with the liner still wet?

no it had just rained and that line i guess is from the black tape that is under the side molding...you can notice it in that picture but really can't notice it standing right at it

So when you removed the masking tape, did you remove it while the spray on liner was still wet, or after it dried? Your line came out nice and sharp.

You can remove it when it is dry if you use the rattle can stuff, but if you use the spray/roll on product, you need to remove it when it is wet. This stuff dries rock hard and the tape will tear.

These are some of my Jeeps (and a Tracker) That I have done. They were sprayed at 35 -40 PSI with a Schutz gun. I think they look better sprayed, rather than rolled...and it's the same amount of work.

GatorGuardIIon97XJ.jpg

Gator%20Tracker.JPG

Hiipo%20side%20XJ.JPG

And my Dad's truck...

Bed%20done%202.JPG

Last edited:
Got a big chunk of mine done today. Now I just need to line the flares, and epoxy them back on...
Then line the bumpers... And make custom endcaps... Or reuse stock...

It never ends.

P1010942.jpg

P1010943.jpg

P1010945.jpg

P1010944.jpg

Back