• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifty time!

2xtreme said:
Joe,
A few thoughts:
1. If you spent less time on the keyboard, it might not take so long to do the lift;)
2. If you had done all of the research before you started you might have been able to make this a little easier ;)

I hope it is all going well, and more important is SAFELY driveable when done :gag:

Good Luck,
Michael

How DARE you attempt to inject wisdom and forethought into an otherwise blind encounter! This young jeeper needs to learn the HARD way! :D

DrSockMonkey said:
Updates Joe?

we had to go get Bens welder. I'll leave it @ that for now

2xtreme said:
Joe,
A few thoughts:
1. If you spent less time on the keyboard, it might not take so long to do the lift;)
2. If you had done all of the research before you started you might have been able to make this a little easier ;)

I hope it is all going well, and more important is SAFELY driveable when done :gag:

Good Luck,
Michael

1. If he had had more Naxja Support, it would have gotten done in no time. No one besides myself, even has lifted a finger to help poor joe in this predicament.

2. If the Leaf Spring bolts weren't rusted solid to the inner metal sleave inside the busings, we'd already be done.

3. If we both had time during the DAY to work on this, when Noise limitations weren't an issue, then non of this would be a problem.

As it stands:

Right Rear Spring is still connected. The upper bolt is fused together with solid rust, and there is no way to pull it out. Our last ditch effort, will have to be using a sawza to cut away the old busing/bolt/spring to get it off.

6 hours later.... 1 spring has been removed.
Total time awake from last sleep? 38hours.
Work in 4 hours, and another full day at the shop + helping joe again... 52hours.

Not Caring about my MotherF****** job anymore? Priceless :eek:

how about everybody calms down a little bit. Yeah sh*t went horribly wrong with the back end. I purposely started this project immediately when my weekend started because I knew

A) it will take longer than I plan for
B) I wanted to get most of it done by myself so I learn more
C) Before owning my jeep I hade never even considered doing my own car work/repair
D) Sh*t happens

This should be fixed today or tomorrow I'm not going to stress about it. Thanks Ben for coming over and helping me out hopefully we can finish this tonight. Thanks for the cell # John I probably would be using it now if Ben hadn't figured out that rear bolt is toast. Jeremy was kind enough to offer to help I just could get my rig to his house safely so I steped away for an hour and figured it out myself. Half the reason I was on here so much is if I ran into anything I didn't expect I searched the tech forum for ideas. Naxja is first off a great community of people and secondly a great tech resource. This is the only semi free site I would ever consider paying to use because of those two things.

WaXJ_Skier said:
how about everybody calms down a little bit.
I don't think anybody is terribly upset Joe.:laugh3: I was responding to Ben's admonishment. But knowing Ben he had probably been up all night drinking energy drinks :shiver:and that contributed to his charged response.

SpazMoid said:
If he had had more Naxja Support, it would have gotten done in no time. No one besides myself, even has lifted a finger to help poor joe in this predicament.
Wow.

While I'm not really going to touch on that particular comment, as asinine as it was, this thread does bring back memories: The night before NWFest 2005, I was up until 0300 working on my rig (sans NAXJA help) getting it up to snuff to attend (my patented welded on tow points). Drove out to Naches, and amazingly, found a campsite full of Cherokees. Just before sunrise. Fell asleep in my rig and froze to death.

As I recall, later that morning (like two hours later) was the first time I met GI-John; he tapped on my window with a cup of hot coffee. We've been friends ever since. :)

Ah, youth. Don't worry, Joe; it builds character. ;)

-----Matt-----

WaXJ_Skier said:
how about everybody calms down a little bit. Yeah sh*t went horribly wrong with the back end. I purposely started this project immediately when my weekend started because I knew

A) it will take longer than I plan for
B) I wanted to get most of it done by myself so I learn more
C) Before owning my jeep I hade never even considered doing my own car work/repair
D) Sh*t happens

Extreme wisdom from...... Joe. You know the one that gets you usually comes from the direction you never expected it! ( Not the least bit fair 'cause Joe has proven to be very level headed as long as he's not asking to date your daughter (sister, Mom, aunt, etc).

SpazMoid said:
1. If he had had more Naxja Support, it would have gotten done in no time. No one besides myself, even has lifted a finger to help poor joe in this predicament.

Im sorry. Next time ill drop everything im doing to come and lend a hand, since I knew about the 'failures/mishaps" that were going on. :rolleyes:

Most of us are busy individuals with other plans. John was greatfull enough to give Joe his cell number, but looks like Joe never called. With that said, Im sure if things got too fawked, John could round up a few guys and lend a hand and/or give some good tips over the phone. Id come and help, but I cant be up at 2am on a work night and expect to be at my bench at 6am.

Maybe if Joe asked more than just you, or maybe if more than just you voulenteered to help, he would not be in the predicament. Dont blame the chapter or NAXJA for failures that will arise on any project. What a bullshit statement, Ben.

:conceited

What a bullshit statement, Ben.

Thanks eli,.... shows support right there.

Ok, so maybe the comment was a bit out of line. Oh well. I feel much better now. I've had 2 1/2hours of sleep, I just quit my job, and i'm heading back up to work on it again, with a full tank of Acyl, and some real cutting tools.

I was worked up over stress from work, stress that from my standpoint no one else was helping in this matter (which i was wrong), and the fact that I hadn't slept in like bazilion hours, and the energy drink I did drink, failed to help me. So... Sorry NAXJA guys.... me being involved as well, the statement was a bit out of line, as I didn't see the full picture of who had lended a hand.

And Eli, you have a right to your statement, freedom of speach i guess... but guess what. I still like you :)

I understand Ben, just like Matt said, sometimes statements that are made can be outlandish and may not be ment at the time.

I cant say I dislike or like you, becasue I dont know you. I just know you from the online portion of this club. Hell, maybe if we all wheel someday, it could change.

Now, back on topic. Lifty time!

CanMan said:
IF it isnt back together by then, ill drive my car over to Tahuya and camp out still.

If i don't bring my crew, It will be my turn to drive you.

You ever ride in a clean jeep? :laugh3:

is.php

:doh:

Back