• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lifting my XJ right now, Keep rear swaybar?

jeepsrock said:
Well i will be in the same boat in a few days while installing my XJ 2" AAL in the rear and was wonderign the same thing.

Mostly everyone here says to remove them, but thats bc you all offroad a lot. In my situation my jeep will be used 85% street and maybe 15% off road. I have heard many say that removing the rear sway bar makes it lean a bit on turns and so and that leads me to believe maybe it would be better to keep it in there ?

Also when i add the leaves,,,someone mentioned something about if you keep it in there it will make the leaves (with AAL) settle unbalanced ?

Whats gonn be ebtter for my situation ?

pete

AAL will increas the spring rate of your pack by arching it more and by adding another leaf -
the reason for the sway bar is to create some more rigidity and keep the rear end from "swaying" around so much - with the AAL you will have done the same thing...

do whatever the fawk you want buddy - its YOUR RIG
this is a wussy decision... fawken pull it out...

mine never had one... (up-country)...
Ive never wanted one...

I removed mine for off road ability.
I've got custom overload leafs.
In daily driving, empty highway cruising and off roading, do not miss it.
Loaded up with camping gear, and cruising up/down thru the mountians, I wish it were still there. It's not a handfull, just, not as surefooted as I'd like.
If there were quick disconnects for the rear, I'd still have mine bolted up.

Good Luck.

I know this has been discussed here b4, without everyone flamin my but - Are there disconnects for the rear or can they be made?

pete

Last edited:
jeepsrock said:
I know this has been discussed here b4, without everyone flamin my but - Are there disconnects for the rear or can they be made?

pete

anything can be made - but when EVERYONE says dump the bar - why bother?

my advice:
remove the bar with an oxy torch - its just fawking cool!

what's a rear swaybar?.....i think took it off when it was stock....you don't need the rear swaybar, the leafs don't roll as bad coils do

Back