• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

I live in Scotts Mills which is about 6 miles south of Mollala. I was going to be using this as a daily driver and have it set up for 33's already with the speedo already calibrated and an sye kit in. Just scraping up the dough for a lift which I think I will buy the rough country it seems the most complete kit for the price.

The RC lift is definitely a good deal for the money. I personally would wait for the time when I could afford the 4.5" over the 3". That way if you decide to shackle it later and put spacers on the front shocks, you can feasable get 6-6.5 inches if you ever decide to go that route without having to replace the springs and shocks again. Also, the blocks to bump the 3" up to 4.5" or 5" runs you about the same as the difference in the price of the kits anyway. It just makes more sense to waite till you can swing the 4.5" if you are even contemplating ever going that high.

IMHO.

Our 91 is our DD too. It's lifted 4.5, and has 33s. Has a Currie anit rock kit, custom long arms, custom 3 link front end, custom bumpers front and rear, and custom sliders. It's a pretty nice rig that is totally trail capable. We do take it off road, but it is our DD.

Talk to you later.

Matt

One problem I see with the rough country adjustable track bar is they still use the ball joint on the end. RE has an adjustable without that ball joint which is what wears out so fast so I think I will spend a little extra dough for a little piece of mind. Doesn't rustys sell an adjustable track bar? Don't know if I would buy a rusty's with all the negatives I have seen on them.
On the 3" vs 4.5" I have a couple of buddies that have the 4.5" and I kind of like the 3" better with the 31's on there, you start lifting it to high it costs you more money in different things like gears and tires etc. Plus my wife is only 5' tall I get it to high I would have to listen to her complain and you know how that is.

I agree the joints do wear out but with the end being adjustable you only have to buy the end kinda like on your tie rod....you don't buy a whole new tie rod when one end goes bad and this is the same thing...Just my opinion though...
My buddy with the 3" rubs 31's and wishes he would have gone with the 4.5 now. However he has not trimmed his fenders so that would take care of the rubbing problem.... Now the wife problem....we all have to live with some sort of problem there. That's why we have selective hearing...LOL
Good luck with whatever you choose...

Last edited:
I know how that is. My girlfriend is short too. Ours is lifted 4.5" with 33s. She complains about it being to high already. I'm planning on going to somewhere between 6" and 8" with 37's or 38's.

But all in good time...have to have a decent car first. That way she has something she can get in and out of.

Later.

Matt

One other question with the RC lift. Does it come with the brake line relocation brackets or is that something I will have to scrounge up for myself? Doesn't really specify what you are going to need to make your brake lines work.

cool thanks for the info. Probably order it within a couple of weeks and then all I will need is tires then I can finally start driving it. YAY.

on a rc 3", you really dont need brake line provisions in the rear, 3.5" is another story!

in the front... you have a z shaped hardline....... just before where it meets the softline... straigthen this out by hand and re-attach to fenderwall w/ a self tapper screw, and you will have enough room! the rc 3" doesnt come with sway bar disconnects, so unless your ditching your swaybars, you wont be a flex mastah

i run a hybrid 3" kit, with 31"s, as do a lot of people, kinda like stage 1

i would normally recommend craigslist/local for sale forum for tires, but this IS the dry season....

Back