• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Party for Heepspeed

Everything was awesome! John is amazingly knowledgable - when I was staring at the :3-piece crossmember that had 5 pieces...

John is here doing some grinding and cutting so that the long arms will fit.

attachment.php

Terry and my gf are working hard to take off the old suspension bits...luckily no bolts broke!

attachment.php

A new friend local to my area came down and helped out. Boostamante!

attachment.php

And Dylan, John's son, can already turn wrenches with the best of them...even if they are plastic.

attachment.php

I'm a happy BUILT Jeep owner! :rockon: :ban:

attachment.php

John does it again... Selflessly helping everyone under the sun!!!!:angel:

John how did it turn out? :cheers:
His rig looks so good with that lift I am a little jealous. It went from a goofy looking stocker to a beefy, built, "alternative hue" rig! It is now locked front (many thanks to Tim for donating a fixable Aussie) and rear, and equipped with a very high quality long arm kit and good shocks. I can't wait to see this thing wheel.

as soon as he gets the sye, how about we start him w/ gold mtn/john bull? it was fun to help out, just sorry i couldn't stay later. met my wife at the door as she was leavin for SD to help my daughter get a new car, sure glad she stopped by your place for my impact driver!

His rig looks so good with that lift I am a little jealous. It went from a goofy looking stocker to a beefy, built, "alternative hue" rig! It is now locked front (many thanks to Tim for donating a fixable Aussie) and rear, and equipped with a very high quality long arm kit and good shocks. I can't wait to see this thing wheel.

It wasn't goofy...just slightly :anon:!!!!

but now it's built and with a little help learning to correctly drive it locked n loaded it'll be more like :conceited

I can't wait to save up for bucket seats, tube bumpers, rock rails, light bars, roll cage, limit straps, and other goodies...too bad I just got into grad school and now have 70K of debt to plan for LOL :flamemad:

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME :worship::cheers:

Where is the before and after pics?

Where is the before and after pics?
Garrett took a couple of after pics but we didn't get any video or more than a few pics cuz it was just a couple of people at a time working on it and we didn't have a camera person. I may try to get some video of the slip yoke eliminator installation to post up though.

Very Nice! :D

that lift looks great - letsw run it after u get the sye installed - tween john, julio, & me, think we can get u on the right path & probably scare the pants off ya

Lets see a side shot. I had to crank my lowers out ALOT when I installed my RE kit. It kept crunching the trailing edge of the front wheel well pretty bad under full compression. I adjusted to the max RE recommended (I think 1.5x diameter of threaded section) to get it sitting right and not screwing up the body. When I was done it would rub the leading edge of the fender just a little under the most extreme articulation.

I would have come out and gave a hand but 3 reasons why I didn't......

1. Didn't know it was going on
2. Vowed NEVER to install another RE long arm kit after mine
3. Vowed NEVER to install another RE long arm kit after mine

HAHA. That thing was a PAIN in the A$$

Lets see a side shot. I had to crank my lowers out ALOT when I installed my RE kit. It kept crunching the trailing edge of the front wheel well pretty bad under full compression. I adjusted to the max RE recommended (I think 1.5x diameter of threaded section) to get it sitting right and not screwing up the body. When I was done it would rub the leading edge of the fender just a little under the most extreme articulation.

I would have come out and gave a hand but 3 reasons why I didn't......

1. Didn't know it was going on
2. Vowed NEVER to install another RE long arm kit after mine
3. Vowed NEVER to install another RE long arm kit after mine

HAHA. That thing was a PAIN in the A$$

It wasn that bad... :spin1:

I had a great time doing it! I personally think the hardest part seemed to be taking everything off...especially John's grinding of the upper control arm frame mounts.

Time consuming yes. Shop talk over burritos and such = priceless.

Well, I guess I should say. I installed that lift with one other friend and we started at 9am on Saturday and rolled the jeep out of the garage with the complete lift on by midnight that same day. It's a bitch of a kit especially when there are 2 people and the only thing to cut off the lower brackets is a 4" angle grinder. haha

Well, I guess I should say. I installed that lift with one other friend and we started at 9am on Saturday and rolled the jeep out of the garage with the complete lift on by midnight that same day. It's a bitch of a kit especially when there are 2 people and the only thing to cut off the lower brackets is a 4" angle grinder. haha

I guess you could say we had the advantage of having 2 more helpers than you did. Oh, john used a angle grinder to take of the upper control arm mounts as well. took foe-eva!

Thats ok, got to get to know these guys and i gotta say that was worth the 100 miles trip out there.

Back