• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KILLER DEAL ON An 8.8 $500

I don't think that is really a KIller deal. I would say you could probably buy an 8.8 reagear, and spool it yourself for that price. (Only if you know how to do your own gears though).

Aside from the 4.56s that's not much of a killer, I can pick one with 4.10s up for $100 here

EDIT: vvv yeah, true. I have around $450 into mine iirc, that's the 2-2-1379 flange ($22), U-bolts ($45), perches ($25), axle itself ($100), RuffStuff cover ($100), and brake hardware. If this one's got a stock cover make that $350 for comparison. It probably doesn't come with new U-bolts and may/may not require other stuff.

Last edited:
Didn't you hear? The 8.8 came stock in some XJs with the offroad package.

how do you know if it is a 31 spline?

All of the later explorers were 31 spline. Ford Rangers, and drum brakes explorers were 28 spline. The exception being the Ford Ranger Fx4's or whatever their offroad package was. Those did come with 31 spline. Most of the ford cars that came with 8.8's (mustangs, crown vics, etc), all came with 28 spline as well.

Back