• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JV was a BLAST!!!

karstic said:
Dang Remi broke his JV cherry!

He did quite well for the first time out.

Matty turned out to be a pretty good driver and his rig did well.

I think Bryan drove most of the trail half asleep. :D

--ron

congrats Remi for finally popping your JV cherry. So what did you think? Loved it? or still think JV is too much trouble? :)

Captain Ron said:

Matty turned out to be a pretty good driver and his rig did well.

--ron

Hey.... no wise cracks at the Aussie. Just cause im used to driving from the otherside of the jeep.:D

djblade311 said:
congrats Remi for finally popping your JV cherry. So what did you think? Loved it? or still think JV is too much trouble? :)
Well... here's the deal. It was fun wheeling but in order to really enjoy myself there I would want a rig that I trailer to and from a trail and with less sheetmetal to start with.

I'll probably be out again next year (depends on schedules again) but I will probably grab a seat in a buggy or something and just shotgun it :D

so what your saying is you cant afford the rhino liner bills?

Kejtar said:
Well... here's the deal. It was fun wheeling but in order to really enjoy myself there I would want a rig that I trailer to and from a trail and with less sheetmetal to start with.

I'll probably be out again next year (depends on schedules again) but I will probably grab a seat in a buggy or something and just shotgun it :D

Good times! :thumbup:

Thanks everybody.

Hope all enjoyed the tri-tip who were able to get some. Sorry to those who didn't.

Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
Good times! :thumbup:

Thanks everybody.

Hope all enjoyed the tri-tip who were able to get some. Sorry to those who didn't.

Dan.

No tri-tip but thanks for all the drinks.

I was on the Claw run behind Jes, I should have helped out more but my head was hurt'in from the night before. Capt. Ron's camp was crazy!!

Here is some photos I snapped of the group going up Claw Hammer:
ClawJV1107_0169.jpg

Just before the falls:
ClawJV1107_0183.jpg

Crawled right up:
ClawJV1107_0189.jpg

and spun right around:
ClawJV1107_0193.jpg

Rockers???
ClawJV1107_0196.jpg

Kick'in back:
ClawJV1107_0200.jpg

Traffic jam:
ClawJV1107_0202.jpg

Little help on a rolling rock:
ClawJV1107_0211.jpg

Thanks to Richard for one great trip that I will never forget!
:cheers:

Tough trail (for me) thanks for everyones hard work on trail leading/spotting and for the great food. Big thanks for the Bakersfeild club for all the raffle donations (even though I got skunked) ;)
As for my rockers oh well; I'm planning to replace the rockers and B pillars for about $350 + all my time doing the work and finding some new boneyard doors and bed + the rocker protection I should have had all along so it wasn't the tragedy it appears.
I've only done Lower Big Johnson and now Claw (so loose) but even that little JV experience makes me long for 35s... or maybe just stick to the kiddy pool.

thanks for the pics Dave! I wasnt too helpful in the morning either due to the hangover but finally got a little more animated near the end of the trail.

I haven't been able to get on much since JV but I want to say thanks to those who put this trip together and especially to porchpuppy whose skillful spotting minimized body damage and allowed me to make it up clawhammer. YOU GUYS ROCK! That is all.

Im never going on a night run with Ron and Ryan again...

XJ_ranger said:
Im never going on a night run with Ron and Ryan again...
:anon:

Yes, a blast as always. Good times! Cal and I led a Easy/Moderate run up lower big johnson and tackhammer. While nothing is REALLY easy in JV in comparison to any other place, everyone did great, and I was impressed by the lifted and locked noobs.

It was a very good run.

Here are my pics:
http://tinyurl.com/32j5qe

I took more video then pictures, so the youtube video will be up in a minute.

Last edited:
Back