• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just wanted to make an introduction

kace86

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, my name is Kacy. I am just getting started here in the 4x4 Jeep community. I have just purchased myself an 87 Jeep Comanche yesterday and so far I can't get enough of it. It's my first 4x4, so there's a lot that I don't know yet but I am more than willing to learn so don't think I don't want to listen to your guys' advice. I've owned different types of cars and trucks in the past and have done some work personally so I do more than just drive.

Some of you have met me in person recently, I was at the FIVE GUYS meet and greet the other night but I tend to be a little shy sometimes, my apologies. Tone is a good personal friend of mine for over 10 years, he has been very persistent for a long time on getting to buy a Jeep and I thank him for that!

Anyways, so far the truck has been great. Runs very strong, starts on a dime.. almost everything is functional (gauges, lights, radio, switches) which is a big plus considering the age of the truck.

Today, Ryan and Tone took me out to the desert to give me a chance to take my truck out for some fun. It did very well but unfortunately due to my lack of experience I did get stuck! LOL. Luckily Ryan got me out with his badboy Grand Cherokee.

You may be asking:
"Why did you get stuck Kacy? Hello... 4x4!!"

The 4x4 right now isn't fully functional, the vacuum res on my truck is missing so I cannot use the 4x4 just yet. I've been told about a cable fix for this that will just eliminate the vacuum system.

So that's my introduction..
I really look forward to making new friends and having a good old time with this truck... I already know it's going to bring me a lot of good times.

IMG_1937Custom.jpg
IMG_1935Custom.jpg
IMG_1934Custom.jpg
IMG_1933Custom.jpg
IMG_1925Custom.jpg

Welcome to the madness! Nice looking MJ you!

Good luck on the build/changes!

Nice already a paying member thanks for the support!

Welcome and Clean looking MJ. Be Careful hanging out with Tone you may start to think your jeep is fast then it isn't.:dunno:

Nice already a paying member thanks for the support!

Welcome and Clean looking MJ. Be Careful hanging out with Tone you may start to think your jeep is fast then it isn't.:dunno:

:doh: tell me about it!!

was chasing him today and said EFF THAT, I wanna have fun and still be able to DRIVE home when it's all over!

We will be taking the wheel spacers off and changing wheels asap, he has a set of wheels already but maybe we can find him some 32s or 33s before the switch cause the tires are pretty bald. Also looking for a non vac. disconnect d30 so we can get rid of the vac. D30 under it now since it doesn't work(maybe cheaper to swap it out then to do the fix/manual lock). Also looking for rock sliders if anyone has some for a MJ laying around? Any and all help is appreciated! :)

thanks guys!

one thing I didn't mention, my truck is pretty loud... personally I enjoy every second of it but my neighbors might not LOL.. I do what I can to not be a total jerk with it.

Welcome aboard!! You've fallen in with a great bunch of crazies. Er, lunatics. Er, highly unusual individuals!

Hope to see you on a trail or across a campfire soon!

And thank you for becoming a paid member... was it the Den that tipped the scales? :eek: But seriously, thank you for your membership and your enthusiasm :clap:.

Carol
(Pssst... don't believe everything they say about me... most of it is an understatement!)

WOW, you have put up with tone for how many years?:twak:..I'll see you on the trail soon i think..TDS is coming and i know little TONE is going..

WELCOME to the madness

Some of you have met me in person recently, I was at the FIVE GUYS meet and greet the other night but I tend to be a little shy sometimes, my apologies. Tone is a good personal friend of mine for over 10 years, he has been very persistent for a long time on getting to buy a Jeep and I thank him for that!QUOTE]

FIRST !! off... lose Tone... he's like dead weight, he'll only slow you up...

Second... Both Ryan & Tone will try to tempt you into going fast so spend some time on the Prerunner forum... learn what those goofballs haven't...

And welcome... it was nice to meet you the other night... classy move on join'n up so quick...

Curt

Nice MJ...it will look good w/o the wheel spacers and new tires. For parts, definately check the "Karma 2011" thread. There's always good stuff poppin up in there, but even better is the price!

Hey Kacy, Thanks for Joining up. I see Your taking this seriously, glad to hear it. I'll see Ya at The Rat's Nest South (My Garage).

welcome aboard and thanks for posting up and supporting NAXJA! Nice rig!

Welcome! Just food for thought, you could do a straight axleshaft conversion for your axle if you have a NP231 transfer case, or you could just swap out a late model HP D30. I have always wanted a Commanche but I is po'.

Back