• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just thougth I would share since other are :)

dzraces said:
are you sure you cant run a tap through them if they are in that far the threrads probably warped a little during welding

well that was my plan. Just try to heat the tube about 1" from the ends with a map gas torch, then see if I can remove the hiems, they are literally frozen in right now. then if they do come out then just run a tap in each side and then be good.

But since all I have is tonight to do this, and I dont have a vise (I know, but no real mount to put it on) and if this doesnt work then where am I for tomorrow. And worst part is that I dont have a right or left 3/4x16 tap. And at like 10$ for R and 25$ for L taps. But then its still just a hope..

ROBERTK said:
well that was my plan. Just try to heat the tube about 1" from the ends with a map gas torch, then see if I can remove the hiems, they are literally frozen in right now. then if they do come out then just run a tap in each side and then be good.

But since all I have is tonight to do this, and I dont have a vise (I know, but no real mount to put it on) and if this doesnt work then where am I for tomorrow. And worst part is that I dont have a right or left 3/4x16 tap. And at like 10$ for R and 25$ for L taps. But then its still just a hope..

I see your point id make a new one and mess with the old one later.

Back