• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

just thougth I would share since other are :)

ROBERTK said:
Hoping to get it done by April 28th for the Tinbenders jambo at the Hammers, but doubtful. Theres about 6 days in just front inner axle build and delivery time.

so are you now a owner of the hammers? :D

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
so are you now a owner of the hammers? :D

I guess so...
I have one 6lbs mini sledge
one large ball peen
one 3lb shot filled
one brass
and misc others that I dont use cause they hide in my garage.

:gee:

hell I dont know. All I know is that I cant find motivition enough after work during the week to get out there. I think its cause I am still missing the rear carrier to put the detroit in, and the front arb. Both are in the mail and with out those Items I cant even complete the front or rear. The front needs alot more though. But the rear would be complete in the rig if I had the daym carrier already.

ok few more.. But I am Still waiting for the 14bolt gears (said to be delivered today) and the front 60 ARB (on back order ugg)..

ok 14 bolt all ready for gears and then bolt in.
P1000199.jpg

P1000201.jpg

P1000198.jpg

And then the RJ finially on stands under the front getting placed with the front LCA, shock and spring bracket piece.

P1000202.jpg

P1000205.jpg

Lots of room it looks like. More then I anticipated after hearding from Avery how his is close in some areas? But then will have to see once it is all together. I do feel though that the RJ is allowing more clearance with the way the cover is laid back so much.

David Taylor said:
I wonder what a full hydro setup would look like on that ? Have you thought about going to it in the future ?

Full, not so much. Maybe an assist. But I am Broke now. Have just enough saved for the line lock, and inner axles. :confused1

37s and stock power steering?

ill be sure to grab the ps pump and box off the parts jeep at russ' :D

ROBERTK said:
Full, not so much. Maybe an assist. But I am Broke now. Have just enough saved for the line lock, and inner axles. :confused1

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
37s and stock power steering?

ill be sure to grab the ps pump and box off the parts jeep at russ' :D

yeah I know. But I am hoping that with the highsteer arm and the drag link being Much more straight and not so much down at the axle that it will help some. with teh 35's it was ok, with only a 37 it cant be all that much worst can it? I will see I guess.

Well now that the front is my focus, I was able over the last 2 days get it all setup with the brackets tacked in and now ready to cut the tubes to the right length and heat up the knuckles and slide em on.

Also got my steering parts. 150$ for everything minus the bolts and tube was pertty good I figure. As well as got the line lock for the rear.

Gota love that track bar mount :twak: . Its just there to hold the axle center while I articulated it to check for clearances. Have to wait till its all together with the high steer arm to fab the right height axle side bracket.

P1000213.jpg

P1000212.jpg

P1000215.jpg

P1000210.jpg

P1000217.jpg

dzraces said:
how much was the line lock? I have a manual one I plan on using for a parking brake the electric would be sweet for my YJ though

39.99 from summitracing.com or thier ebay auctions. I was going to go manual so that I could set it over night and not have current draw. but I never park over long periods of time where I would need it for that. Just for on the trail when I get out for something or cutting brake now if needed. Yeah right. lol

ROBERTK said:
39.99 from summitracing.com or thier ebay auctions. I was going to go manual so that I could set it over night and not have current draw. but I never park over long periods of time where I would need it for that. Just for on the trail when I get out for something or cutting brake now if needed. Yeah right. lol
both my heeps run dual deep cycles the current draw is no biggie for me but one group I run with requires a manual parking brake that will hold you in drive, so that is the only reason I snagged the one I have. It was only $5.00 at the pamona car swapmeet so I cant complain

dzraces said:
both my heeps run dual deep cycles the current draw is no biggie for me but one group I run with requires a manual parking brake that will hold you in drive, so that is the only reason I snagged the one I have. It was only $5.00 at the pamona car swapmeet so I cant complain

They actually draw quite a bit of power considering what it is. I had dual batteries in my YJ and it drained them perty quick. They really should not be trusted to hold for a long time because they can leak over time.

juryrigjalopy said:
They actually draw quite a bit of power considering what it is. I had dual batteries in my YJ and it drained them perty quick. They really should not be trusted to hold for a long time because they can leak over time.

I also heard that when the fluid gets hot they have trouble releasing. :dunno:

well just dont follow me.. Cause that means IF I dont break then I will brake, and not be able to go. lol

In any case I have used the summit one on a very high power muscle car during hot lapping and know that the brakes (and prolly fluid) were getting hot after the 4th run and never had an issue during the burn out of not releasing when turned off.

So I hope I have the same luck if that is an issue.

ROBERTK said:
well just dont follow me.. Cause that means IF I dont break then I will brake, and not be able to go. lol

In any case I have used the summit one on a very high power muscle car during hot lapping and know that the brakes (and prolly fluid) were getting hot after the 4th run and never had an issue during the burn out of not releasing when turned off.

So I hope I have the same luck if that is an issue.

Good luck. That crazy old man ( lastara) with the green TJ you used to watch at the comps a couple of years ago had those issues.

well if you ever saw him drive, I swear he was trying to run over poor jack and didnt care about the better line. I think I will be a little less harsh on it. He was on it alot and the brake were much smaller then these bohemouths I have now. But yep will see.

Back