• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cherokee Trail Carver

Quadratec

NAXJA Forum User
1385012_10151762744245852_1013819985_n.jpg

1378354_10151762744250852_1993228286_n.jpg

1394162_10151762744230852_1062782878_n.jpg

Jeep® Cherokee Trail Carver
Jeep Cherokee is for trail addicts seeking a vehicle with the capabilities to handle the rugged off-road, while projecting a unique, customized and luxurious look on the streets.

Going to the next level of customization, the Mopar-modified Jeep Cherokee uses the Trailhawk 4x4 package powered by a 3.2-liter V-6 engine as a starting point. Its exterior is colored in Auburn Pearl paint, with low-gloss black and Granite Crystal with low-gloss clear touches.

Unique Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk hood and roof topographical graphics are bordered in Crush Orange, with matching orange tow hooks. The top of the modified Jeep Cherokee sports a concept roof basket design, with orange accent side panels wrapped in woven metallic fabric. A front wind deflector, which includes the Mopar logo, completes the design.

Aggressive tires highlight the off-road flavor of the vehicle, and rock rails protect this Jeep Cherokee from trail obstacles.

The inside is enhanced with Katzkin Amaretto leather seats, with colored leather in the center, ensuring a premium feel. Leather wrapping on the center console, storage door and armrest, and matching color stitching on the seats, offer even more appointments. The top and bottom of the steering wheel are leather, and painted trim provides highlights throughout the inside.

Other Mopar goodies include bright door-sill guards with the Jeep Cherokee logo, a wireless smartphone charger, and WiFi. The Jeep Cargo Management Receiver System (JCMRS), a unique option that features a running bar along the left interior, to which Mopar items may be mounted, is also utilized. The Mopar roadside emergency kit, Trailhawk bag and first-aid kit are mounted to the JCMRS. In the Jeep Performance Parts department, a Mopar cold-air intake and a cat-back exhaust are put to work to achieve horsepower gains.

Now if they can do this, why can't they get the 200/Avenger suspension goodies they've shown to market?

Oh, BTW

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1106166

Found this on ALLPAR tonight, apparently MOPAR is already gearing up accessories for these things............

cherokee.jpg

Can't rebadge anything other than intake and exhaust for the 200 and Avenger, but they're gearing up with goodies for a vehicle that is barely on the road:smsoap:

Still fugly!

I just priced out a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk V-6 with leather, trailer package, cold weather package, 9 speaker audio package, sunroof and leather.......$40,895.00

I then priced out a loaded 2014 XV Crosstrek 2.0i Limited with similar options. The only major difference is the engine size, 2.0i Boxer 4 cyl VS 3.2 V-6 in the Jeep. Subi total.......$29,647

Jeep V-6 is a $1500 option, so take that away and there is still a $9750 difference in price. 271 horsepower for the Jeep V-6 (184hp/Jeep 2.4 4cyl) VS 148hp in the Subi, Jeep is a clear winner.

Jeep has a 60 mo /100k mi powertrain warranty
Subi has a 60mo/60k mile powertrain warranty

Standard ground clearance, Subi wins, but with the Trailhawk package, it's identical.

Both have 5 pass seating, with the Jeep having slightly more interior room

Economy 4cyl MPG Subi 25/33 Jeep 22/29

Wow, how much crap did you spec that thing out with XJeeper? I only had it at $35k last night for my specs, which tend to lean more towards the stripped as possible with the best drivetrains offered.

40 large for a loaded one??? Geez, at that price I'd much rather buy a 2 year old loaded WK2.

Think that's bad, you should see the starting price for the Trailhawk version of the Grand Cherokee, IIRC, that starts around $40k-$41k for the one with the Flex Fuel V-6:wow:

And no, you can't get that new diesel in that one either.....................

Think that's bad, you should see the starting price for the Trailhawk version of the Grand Cherokee, IIRC, that starts around $40k-$41k for the one with the Flex Fuel V-6:wow:

And no, you can't get that new diesel in that one either.....................

At least the grand looks good!

I like it.

Me too:dunno:

Looks pretty well optioned as a Trailhawk.
-56:1 crawl ratio
-Rear locker
-1" lift
- Skids

Speced one out to $33.5. Considering how much new cars cost these days, that not terrible.

It looks like crap in stock configuration, and looks pretty cool as a Trailhawk.

-Rear locker
-1" lift
- Skids

Speced one out to $33.5. Considering how much new cars cost these days, that not terrible.

It looks like crap in stock configuration, and looks pretty cool as a Trailhawk.

Yea, it kinda has me intrigued, much like the Traxxas Telluride does......and for the same reasons. Now if this new CHerokee wasn't so ugly and the Telluride didn't have such a hideous factory paint job and still too deep an offset set of wheels..............

For what most folks use their XJ's for, it seems like a nice option. It's got 4 doors, not bad mileage, room for your stuff and it's 4wd or AWD or whatever.

I think it looks good too. It's not supposed to look like a box on wheels. Take a look at a 1st gen honda civic and a new one. You have to evolve at some point.

But I get that it's not for all you hardcore rock crawlers that daily drive over the rubicon. :D

-Rear locker
-1" lift
- Skids

I like the trailhawk package, I friggin hate the ugly ass front end, the rest isn't that bad honestly.

Nope, still just a fugly overpriced "wanna-be" 4x4.

The front end kinda reminds me of this:

article-2513065-19A03DEA00000578-953_634x521.jpg

That about as much "Cherokee" as a Pinto is a "drag car".

I can't decide if the front end is just "angry", or squinting. Yeah...its looks like its squinting to me.

The one thing that bothers me, is that for $34,000, you can get a well equipped Trailhawk like this- V6 and better speakers and such
2014-Jeep-Cherokee-Trailhawk-front.jpg

But for 34K you can also get a very well equipped JK Rubicon, like this-
0.jpg

You can even get a well equipped JkU sport, with a dual top, trailer package, and the moab wheels for around 34K.

While I know these are all very different vehicles, it just shows you how much you have to spend to get a KL Cherokee that is even close to the offroad prowess of a wrangler.

Remembering the other thread from the other day, now all it needs:

1) high lift jack mounted somewhere
2) Winch
3) Accessory lights
4) more scratches
5) covered in mud

I also need to see a review of the people trying to clean the mud/water out of the interior of the vehicle, not that it would be intentional, but rather that is one of the things that always happens whether you want it to or not.

A few years ago I picked up a GMC sierra 3/4 ton truck (2wd) to drive around as my work truck (I have to move lots of heavy equipment), and frankly, while it is absolutely the most horrible vehicle invented for off-pavement driving (stabilitrak freaks out and tries to get you stuck/put you in a ditch) however, when something crappy happens and I've tracked mud all over the inside of the vehicle, I get out the hose and hose all the dirt back out, the whole bottom of the truck is lined with rubber.

With this in mind, I think I should buy another renix XJ and add it to my stockpile, I really don't want to go through the hassle of buying another car I'm just going to be pissed at.

Back