• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ski jeep inquiry. 1992 jeep Cherokee Laredo prize

Cherokeephil

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so last year I bought a 1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I own 8 jeep Cherokees so I know quite a bit about them and the models that were made. But for some reason this one seemed special. It had a decal package that I have never seen on any other Cherokee and a different interior. Also has the full chrome package on everything. And very faintly on both sides on the rear quarter panel is what used to say ski Jeep. For the last year I've been wondering why it would say this. Doing some research I found out that it was given away as a prize in 1992 for the winner of a skiing competition. The competition was called the Jeep ski challenge. I'm wondering if anybody has any information or pictures about this jeep. It is white with a gray and maroon stripe down the side. It currently resides in Nova Scotia Canada. It has never had any modifications. And has never seen winter or rust. Most immaculate jeep Cherokee in Canada lol

Awesome find. You should post pics.

I would suggest you contact Red Mistress. (Fortunately for you your Jeep is white, so it should be safe.) Not that he would necessarily know about the Jeep, but he might have some good ideas about where to look or who would know.

Post up what you find. Back stories are fun.

I see what you mean by it appears to be a red Cherokee that you win. And I could be wrong. It is possible mine was just associated with the event. But I was able to find a picture of my Jeep in the magazine. It is in front of a hot air balloon on the section labeled Southeast regional championship.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=Q4XjZFS85vQC&pg=PA148&dq=1992+ski+jeep+skiing+magazine&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi8mbOp9JP0AhWYWc0KHYM-AIoQ6wF6BAgMEAU#v=onepage&q=1992%20ski%20jeep%20skiing%20magazine&f=false

Pics have to be hosted elsewhere and then linked in.

Back