• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

January 27 or 28th Snow Run (Snoqualmie?)

IXNAYXJ said:
Meh. I don't even know when it happened, either. No loud bang, no indication whatsoever. I'm pretty surprised the axles didn't let go first, too. John thinks there might be an issue with either the Detroit or the grears themselves that contributed to the breakage. Investigating getting it warrantied, or at least some help.

I do think a D44 is in my future, though.

-----Matt-----

Bummer. If I had to do it again, I'd go straight to 60. Not that much more $ than a built 44. But I guess it depends on the size tires you want to run. But that's a whole seperate thread topic.

But back to this thread. Another trip I regret not making. Looks like you guys had fun.

hards91xj has 666 posts as of rite now.

Should this one have it's own thread?

12807Snow14-1.jpg

Hey Matt, what'd you do to your front axle? I wish I would have gone on this trip, I had almost given up on snow runs; haven't been much fun to date, for me at least. Looks like you guys proved me wrong, when i wasn' there! :(

Back