• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

January 27 or 28th Snow Run (Snoqualmie?)

90exjay said:
Are you going up saturday? if so what time?

Sean
I think we'll be headin up pretty early in order to start making camp by 1300. The next morning (as I understand it) we'll be meeting up with the rest of the group and wheeling most of the day on Sunday. If you don't want to make it a 2-day thing, you might just want to meet us on Sunday mornign and ride along then.

Either way, you're welcome to join us. :)

-----Matt-----

[
I am thinking Tinkham road, maybe two or three groups depending on the size of the party. Maybe run 1 group on the south side of I-5 and the other on the north side.
WE talking I 90 or where does Tinkham RD cross I 5 ???:D :D

Okay, I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?

Okay, the bad news ( I always pick the bad news first). Uncle Sam came through; not going to be around for this run.:tears:

The good news is that I won't miss out on any snow. I'm headed to Aspen, CO for Level I & Level II Avalanche certification. So maybe when I get back, I can put my new skills to good use on the NEXT snow run.
:clap:

Hope you guys have fun!
- Jay

Jay2000XJ said:
The good news is that I won't miss out on any snow. I'm headed to Aspen, CO for Level I & Level II Avalanche certification. So maybe when I get back, I can put my new skills to good use on the NEXT snow run.
Loser.

Seriously, that's really cool. On our next snow/camping run you can show us all the cool stuff you learn. Have fun, and try to stay warm!

-----Matt-----

Jay2000XJ said:
Okay, I have good news and bad news. Which do you want first?

Okay, the bad news ( I always pick the bad news first). Uncle Sam came through; not going to be around for this run.:tears:

:clap:

Hope you guys have fun!
- Jay

Let me know if you find any surface hoar. The coolest part is when you start digging the pits on 30 deg slopes! When I took avalanche classes we also burried a beacon and had to find it. You will have fun. Hope your in shape!

hards91xj said:
[
WE talking I 90 or where does Tinkham RD cross I 5 ???:D :D

My bad. Should be I-90. The south side is where Matt had his previous trip mentioned earlier. The north side is where those of us tried going up the pass after lunch last year (small group that did very well after a disaster of a morning).

Michael

BTT. Hard to believe all the extra activity here in the past few days and that this had gotten bumped to page 2 :) hahaha

Anyways, I'm still in for Sunday only. What's the plan for meeting Sunday AM for those of us NOT going up Saturday?

John

Avanteone said:
BTT. Hard to believe all the extra activity here in the past few days and that this had gotten bumped to page 2 :) hahaha

Anyways, I'm still in for Sunday only. What's the plan for meeting Sunday AM for those of us NOT going up Saturday?

John
What I envision happening is those of us camping will head down to the I-90 trailhead and meet up with those who want to wheel Sunday. Depending on the size of the group, we can either split up or roll together, possibly up the Denny Creek/North side up to the pass.

-----Matt-----

9:00AM Sat meeting up at Tinkham Road (Matt, please do me a favor and add which exit number it is and any other details about the meeting area). We will plan on going as far as we can till about 1:00 or 2:00 depending on the snow conditions. Assuming we find a decent place to make igloo's we will set up camp (Expect alot of tireing work). In the case of bad snow conditions, not completing the camp, or other, please bring tarps, tents, etc for accomodations.

If you are meeting up Sunday, we will meet at the same place and same time.

Is everybody clear on what to plan for and bring?
I need a good list of who will be there Sat?
Who will be spending the night?
Who will be there Sunday?

Michael

Michael I'm in for the overnight run for sure, with tarp and 3-season tent in case the snow doesn't cooperate.

Matt, I assume we'll meet at exit 47 (the second Tinkam exit and the last exit before the pass)?

-i

2xtreme said:
9:00AM Sat meeting up at Tinkham Road (Matt, please do me a favor and add which exit number it is and any other details about the meeting area).
Exit 47 is the exit closest to the section of Tinkham road that runs up the side of the hill. It is the second exit that is called "Tinkham Rd," so don't let that confuse you. After exiting off I-90 to the right, turn right at the end of the off-ramp. At the next stop sign, turn right. There is a decent sized shoulder about 100 ft further on the right that makes a good rally point.

I'll be there 100% for Saturday camping and wheeling Sunday, and Cody (GreenbeltXJ) may be riding along with me.

Avanteone said:
I'm in for Sunday, along with one or two of my club guys.
I talked to Aaron last night and he told me he'd be coming...who else is gonna be there?

-----Matt-----

All sounds good. Please make sure that anyone coming on Saturday is very clear with the earlier list of items that they need to be prepared to bring.
Besides the most obviouse:
Extra saws (of variouse kinds depending on the snow).
Extra shovels.
Extra tarps.
Are all very important. If you plan on spending the night I expect you to be prepared with plenty of these basic tools and prepared for cold weather. In reality it will be wonderful, fun, warm, and exciting. But I can't stress enough how important it is to be prepared.

So far I have 4 or 5 overnight?
Myself (Michael)
Matt
Ian
Cody ?
Eli ?

Michael

Sounds good!

Oh, btw the weather looks fantastic for the weekend. Weather.com is saying it'll be sunny and 34°/35° both days! Thank God it won't be raining like last time I was up there, it was pretty miserable.

-Forecast-

Oh, and here's a pic of the pull-out just off the freeway. Just squint and imagine it a lot snowier:

DSC00314.jpg

-----Matt-----

John,
It is not looking like I am not going to be able to get down to your shop during the day this week. However I would like to meet you at the trail head on Sunday and pick up the exhaust header.

Alternatively if you don't want to commit to a time, I am still working on recovery points so won't be partaking in the drive, Ian could probably facilitate an exchange for us.

Thanks,
Matt

2xtreme said:
All sounds good. Please make sure that anyone coming on Saturday is very clear with the earlier list of items that they need to be prepared to bring.
Besides the most obviouse:
Extra saws (of variouse kinds depending on the snow).
Extra shovels.
Extra tarps.
Are all very important. If you plan on spending the night I expect you to be prepared with plenty of these basic tools and prepared for cold weather. In reality it will be wonderful, fun, warm, and exciting. But I can't stress enough how important it is to be prepared.

So far I have 4 or 5 overnight?
Myself (Michael)
Matt
Ian
Cody ?
Eli ?

Michael

I'll be picking up a snow shovel and saw tonight. In addition I'll bring:

Tarp + plenty of line
2 man tent
Hatchet, etc.
weber bbq to sink into the snow for a firepit :)
some firewood
generator and espresso machine

So there's only 3 of us now?

-i

Matt_West said:
John,
It is not looking like I am not going to be able to get down to your shop during the day this week. However I would like to meet you at the trail head on Sunday and pick up the exhaust header.

Alternatively if you don't want to commit to a time, I am still working on recovery points so won't be partaking in the drive, Ian could probably facilitate an exchange for us.

Thanks,
Matt

I plan on being at the shop late tomorrow (6:30-7pm) if that makes things any easier for you. Sunday I plan on towing and leaving truck/trailer in North bend somewhere. I could throw it in the Jeep there and bring to trail head if necessary.

J

Back