• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jack's Pass February 18th (Sunday)

IXNAYXJ said:
Just bring it to NWFest. I'll have my tinfoil hat and frying pan warrior costume; it'll be great.

-----Matt-----

Sweet. Going for the Jose Quervo sponsership this year?

$10 says we can't get far enough off topic to end up in the den.

Ok so still want to go, but got no time to put my new front and rear axles in before this happens.So i've got the day off for sure, and was wondering if i can hitch a ride with someone( looking in Matt or Adam's directions with sad puppy dog eye's).If this can happen just let me know what i need to bring, i.e. refreshments?

Sean

90exjay said:
Ok so still want to go, but got no time to put my new front and rear axles in before this happens.So i've got the day off for sure, and was wondering if i can hitch a ride with someone( looking in Matt or Adam's directions with sad puppy dog eye's).If this can happen just let me know what i need to bring, i.e. refreshments?

Sean
No begging required, Sean. ;)

I'd be happy to pick you up on the way North. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss details.

-----Matt-----

The correct road this time. :yelclap:

I'm still curious to see which road Matt lead us down last time. (as classically detailed in his article for JeepFreak : http://www.jpfreek.com/Images/magazine/issue_6.pdf ) I think it may have been NF-6550 which would have gotten us there.....

It looks like going in from the Index side gives us just one route to the pass. And three choices once we're there.... Two viable and one dead end.

IXNAYXJ said:
Could you post up some lats and longs for the road we're going to be on? I'd like to play with Google Earth.

-----Matt-----

There is no way that Google Earth took their picture at the moment that you were posing on that road. :eyes: (I hope).

IXNAYXJ said:
Could you post up some lats and longs for the road we're going to be on? I'd like to play with Google Earth.

-----Matt-----

try 47degrees51'09.90" N 121degrees 19'34.37" W

I think that is the pass.

Or search for Index, WA and follow the creek up a ways and cut to the East where the creek turns West...

I have a map worked out. With the whole pass plotted out with a couple GPS way points.

Matt the first time you went to Jacks Pass we almost made it to the pass from the Skykomish side. And we have gone up to the pass from the Index side in the past. Just have never done the whole loop. Using FS 65

I think the pass is 47 52'42.78" N 121 19'24.63" W

I would also like to try FS 6550. Maybe send a group down FS 65 and another group down FS 6550. They both run parallel on opposite sides of the valley. Of course if we have enough rigs.

Who is coming?
Who has air? I hope not to see a tire above 8 psi. I hope we can log some miles on this trip.

I wouldn't mind going but I have the feeling my stock ass would just slow everyone else down. anybody think otherwise or mind letting me stow away in their roof rack?

Back