• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It will take a miracle...

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
I was on the way to pick up the wyfe and kids for the boy's birthday this evening, and the heep decided to do it's impersonation of Nadia Cominici on the way up the exit ramp.
I was signalling to exit, and car in front of me decided to exit at same time, leaving little room for the heep.
I tried to correct, and fishtailed a bit before landing on the drivers side and skidding 70 yards or so up the onramp.
To be brief, the heep is totalled, with the metal from the raingutter 'melding' with the roof metal and all the paint on the drivers side is gone.
Fawker was running on the drivers side after I crawled out of the passenger door, and jumped to the ground.
Once the wrecker got it over, I started it up and drove in onto the flatbed.
I bought that heep new off the lot, and it needed to go out with dignity.
The roof is crushed to the passenger side, and all the drivers side metal is wasted, but most of it can be moved to a donor.
Gotta get on the insurance horn and see about a buyback.
Take a week or two off, to move chit, and I may still make winterfest.
Who knows.
The heep is totalled, and it took me 20 minutes to find my cell phone, buried under the dash somewhere.
More to come.

Fucke Dude!!!!

You ok?!!!

That sucks Sudanese ass!!!

Buyback for cheap and chop the fawker...

Milwaukee wrenchfest?

Dang...

It looks like the metal from the roof is seperated where the windshield frame meets.
Both drivers side door handles are one big, long, piece of plastic.
Windshield shattered, steering TREs blown, all drivers side metal and stuff gone.
The drivers mirror looks like someone held it to a belt sander for about 20 minutes, before it broke off.
On the plus side, no tools hit me in the head, so my 'storage system' is working.
Fawk chopping it, I live in WI.
I am going to see what the insurance co. says, and then try to buy another '99 and spend some time swapping parts.
Its the little things, ya know, like the reinforced cargo hold-downs, the bigger electrical wire, the re-ran speaker wire, the little pieces of metal welded here and there, the bolts that have been slowly broken, and retapped to different sizes, the trimming, the herc, the reinforcements on the seat rails, the custom battery tray.
The little things are going to kill me.
I bought that one new, and thought I would have it forever.
This sucks big time.
24 miles on the odometer when it hit my driveway in 10/98.
106,--- now.
I am going to have some (delivered) dinner, put the kids to bed, and finish a bottle of Jameson with the wyfe.
Thanks for the ears, sympathetic or not.
This hurts, bad.

Damn Scott ... sorry to hear about the crash. Good to not hear any of you were injured ... but it sucks your Jeep was tore up so bad. Holler if you need help.

Les

Glad to hear you are OK, that is the important thing...the ONLY thing that matters. I have no doubt that you will obtain another Jeep and build it up to be better that the original. Hang in there buddy, if you need anything...let us know.

Rev

Holy Crap! Glad you're Ok, Scott. Let me know, I may have a day to help, before I head to Hawaii.

And weren't you just commenting on just such an occurance, to Brad? Did you neglect to knock on wood? :wierd:

This is why dudes with big gigantic heads shouldn't own lifted Jeeps. Too top heavy.

Glad your feelings are the only thing hurt.

Get another and you can swap the parts over in less than a week. I know, I've done it. Hell, the longest part of this whole process will be waiting on the insurance company. You can still make Winterfest.

Next one, don't get attatched. It's just a Jeep. Crunch all you want, there'll be more.

For the next three weeks, we better see alot less of you on here. Hang in there. Let me know if I can help you.

Last edited:
Damn Homey, hated to hear the bad news.
BLAXJA will miss your Heep.
Milwaukee Wrenchfest...when and where!

BOB said:
Damn Homey, hated to hear the bad news.
BLAXJA will miss your Heep.
Milwaukee Wrenchfest...when and where!
Only BLAXJA members need comment on how BLAXJA will feel!

Im glad your not hurt bro, youll find another and get it on the road soon
I look forward to kicking your bald head around winterfest...get moving

Chewy

catangleview.jpg

This would be my choice in a situation like that...You did say you live right under the witches tit though didn't you.

sucks.....Seems like this has been happening alot here as of late.

Damn, What a kick in the ass. Glad to hear you're OK. See ya at Winterfest. JIM.

Aw shite! So sorry to hear that, man. Having rolled one myself, I know how you feel. I'm just glad noone was hurt. Be well and take care. May the schwartz be with you.

Glad to hear you're okay Scott. Sucks for the Jeep.

I've been there and it definitely sucks.

Glad you're okay.

If I can help, I'm in.

Good luck!

You already know it but I'll say it anyway.
Just let me know.

Back