• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It has been a very Jeep day

tkotitan

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ sits near a main truck route for all to see. '94 2dr, 5spd 4.0L SE Blue, 167k miles on it.

So today I was heading out to go walk the dog and a minivan with Mass plates rolls up and a couple guys get out asking me if I'd like to sell my rig. They have a friend who really wants a 2-door Cherokee but all the ones they have looked at are rusted out and people want too much money for them. They complimented me on how nice my rig looks body-wise. I told them thanks but no way am I selling my rig. There is no way anyone would pay me enough - it is worth far more than book value to me. I did send them to a couple places to keep looking.

Then I go get lunch at the Chinese place by myself and a lady is there with a friend going through the paper looking at Jeeps. I told her what just happened. She says he has a Cherokee that the rust monster is eating. She loves it but it needs a floor and rocker rebuild and has a guy who will do it for $1200. I encourage her to keep the XJ.

I need to do oil but need a drain plug washer seal for an oversized plug so I have to pull the plug then bring it to the parts store so we can find the right size washer. I really am tempted to drain the oil right in the parking lot but I am feeling a bit under the weather so I didn't do that. Maybe some day soon.

Back