• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ironrockoffroad or Rough Country?

thanx alot! i actualy did read your write up. right now its a mixed decision..spend the extra cash and get IRO. orr buy RC and have a little left over for..bumpers and such idk. i just want to spend my money wisely. thanx again!

IMO you will benefit more from the IRO

im installing one right now, so far im liking it. will know more when i start abusing it in next few weekends

Ask yourself this...

Have I ever seen a mud truck with a flexy suspenion?

The answer is probably not. Flex is good for rocks and trails. It is not good for muddy bogs. You want to keep the rig stiffer for the mud. It helps keep the tires planted more firmly all the way around.

YOU DO NOT NEED A LONG ARM SUSPENSION FOR A MUD RIG!

Don't waste money on something that is not needed. A Rough Country lift will be fine for your application. Get the RC 6.5" with the drop brackets for the front. For the rear use the RC 4.5" leaves and a 2" extended boom-a-rang shackle. Trim accordingly and run 35's with 4:88s in the axles. This will be the best setup (and cheapest) for what you are going to use the Jeep for.

belive ive seen some weird suspension applications used on mud trucks. okay thanx for that point of veiw, im sure rough country will suit me fine. thanx again everyone i appreciate all ur insight

I just ordered the 4" kit from IRO with some upgrades (HD trackbar and adj. arms).. it all looks very good quality stuff.
i have to say Darrick is a very nice guy at IRO, he helped a lot all the times i called them. You should give him a call and ask anything you want.

One Day you May Want to Do More than Just Mud. More Flex is Always Good. You May One Day Travel Elsewhere Where you Could Use more Flex. You May Regret Not Going with Long Arms. Drop Brackets Hit on Limestone Ledges (even those Hidden in Sand or Mud) Let alone Rocks or Logs here in Florida. If you Do Some Mud Competitions like that in Lakeland, they will Hang Up on the Cross Beams in the Mud. IMHO

Just my .02

I have actually been debating with this same exact lift choice!!! I have been leaning towards the IRO setup more, but haven't heard a whole lot about the kit, and how it stands up to DD and trails like I would be using it on...

thanx guys. i belive so about the long arm kit now. im joining the marines soon enough and idk wherer ill be sent or anything so i might as well get a long arm kit. best bite for my buck rite.

Best of luck with your career choice.

BTW, Marine is always capitalized! I have been one for 16+ years now. What MOS are you planning on going into?

i just hit myself for that mistake. i havent sat down with my local recruiter yet,only small talk. i want to be a mechanic,preferably jet or diesal but i have no choice.
and i hope to choose east coast.

I am a deisel mech. It is a good job but it can get tough at times. Mechs are one of the hardest MOS's out there. The Corps can't move without their trucks and they are always a priority to get them back on the road.

I personally like the west coast a lot more than the east. I was born and raised in a Marine Corps family on the east coast. My dad was a air winger and spent a lot of his time either at Cherry point, New River, or Quantico. While Lejeune will be close to home for you don't overlook the bennies of being out west.

If you do decide to take up the challange and become a 3521 you can always ask me for some career advice to help you make the right choices to set yourself up for success.

Make sure you get everything in writing before you sign anything from the recruiter!

I am about an hour north of Atlanta (Marietta) and if you are in the area give me a shout.

sure thing,ill be sure to contact you before i make my choice.

im up for the challenge,thats the reason for joining the core. thanx alot for everything

Back