• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ironrockoffroad or Rough Country?

I am running the RE 4.5" Superflex and still workin on some minor problems, needs brakes, driveshaft problems, recovery, etc.. But so far I love it haven't been off-road much as there isn't too much legal wheeling around where I live without driving 4 hours. When I was ready to order I could only afford the 4.5" but the 5.5"/drop bracket combo was pretty much my 2nd choice if I would have had the money

Has anyone asked what size tires you plan on running? I know you said you live in Fla and all you have is mud. What year is your XJ? You also said you have the hack and tap, what about a driveshaft?

Is it necessary to go to 6.5" for 33's? I would be running 36-37's if I had that much. What is your setup like now, can you expand on that or are you for sure going with a new kit?

I understand, just getting some information together. Like it has been said already the issue of hanging up on the db's or long arm will not affect you. Both will give you a better ride but to me the IRO kit looks like it comes with more of the parts you need. Hd trackbar bracket, stronger crossmember, extended brake lines, rebuildable joints in the long arms and what looks like rear shims...

very true, IRO's kit looks beef to me. im getting my axles regeared soon and i have 33 bfg all terrains on the way over tommorow so its just the lift for now. i have 1500 max for a kit,just trying to get the best bang for my buck. i DD during the week but weekends now and then i go out mudding. i just want the peace of mind knowing i wont snap a control arm bolt and mess my ride up. comfort would be a plus though

I just installed the Bilstein 5125's on my Iron Rock Long arm and the ride is amazing. I can take drainage dips in my neighborhood faster than my stock 07 Xterra. What a difference!

I only have a 4.5" lift on my long arms and fit 33's with cut fenders.

so im guessing the comfort is good? the adj bracket on top of the pumpkin,do you think it will hold on bumpy dirt road full of small sized holes?

I have experience w/ the RC 6.5" kit and I did the original write up on their drop brackets here on this site. (Do a search for Rough Country drop brackets or go to RC's website and look at the link under the drop brackets that says something about a customer install, thats me!) I ran the kit for about 2 years, one of which had the drop brackets. The upper and lower control arms were a bit simple/light for my liking, but RC has the new upgraded flex joint control arms that are of good quality (just put some ona buddies rig a few nights ago). I wheeled the bag off of that kit and had no complaints.. I wheeled rock, trails, daily drove it and some mud (I hate mud for the record). I can say that the price and their improved quality and customer service is great at RC. I have no experience w/ IRO stuff, so no input from me pertaining to that. I have since upgraded to a TNT Y-link kit and am no longer running the RC kit, but it has been passsed down to a fellow wheeler and he is still wheeling the piss out of it as well. Dont be afraid of RC, they are a company that has improved with time, and are a company w/ products that should be considered in your decision making.

One last thing, I also support Rough Country products b/c they are a big supporter of this site/organization and the functions that we put on. Support those that support us!! :thumbup:

Back