• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IRAN: Gas priced jump 25% overnight.

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran increased the price of gasoline by 25 percent Tuesday, faced by the same quandary that has sent prices at U.S. pumps soaring: Its lack of refinery capacity means it must buy gas on the world market.

Public discontent has been growing in Iran in recent months as housing prices have doubled and prices for basic goods have tripled since last summer.

Many drivers were surprised Tuesday morning to find gas prices had risen overnight to 38 cents a gallon from 30 cents, part of a major plan by the government to reduce state subsidies on gasoline.

So what can be done to stop the greedy pukes getting rich off gas? Can't people vote for the gov't to step in?

Prowler said:
So what can be done to stop the greedy pukes getting rich off gas? Can't people vote for the gov't to step in?

You really don't want the govt to step in. Maybe handle it like power generation and water companies, turn the refineries into public utilities, it's of about the same importance to people that work here. That would turn the oil companies into just oil suppliers.

Good luck getting the settlement from that.

Yeah, I really feel their pain. NOT!!!

pssht...please! 38 cents a gallon and they're complaining? Yeah I know they're dirt poor compared to the US, and that is a big jump in price for them, but let em pay 3.09, 3.19, 3.29 +++....THEN i'll have sympathy for them.

Eh, until they stop sponsoring terrorists, trying for nukes to chuck at Israel and possibly even us, calling for the destruction of any other nation, then maybe I'll have pity on them...

When gas was $.35-.40 a gallon in the US, gold was $35 an ounce. A top end Chevy would cost you $4000.
Maybe gas isn't getting more expensive, the dollar is just worth less.

8Mud said:
When gas was $.35-.40 a gallon in the US, gold was $35 an ounce. A top end Chevy would cost you $4000.
Maybe gas isn't getting more expensive, the dollar is just worth less.

It is a true statement. Because we did a class project on this last year in Econ class.
I just feel the need to complain because it's bigger numbers :laugh3:

Back