• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Whats up everyone? Im Matty J, and Im from the Binghamton, NY area. (Apalachin, NY to be exact) I sold my last Cherokee over 3 years ago and have regretted it ever since. But, I was a super poor college student and two cars didnt make sense. Now that I work full time, I can mod my new XJ as I want.

I am picking up a 98 Chili Pepper Red XJ this weekend from my neighbor for a really good deal. I am pumped!!!!

Anyone else from the Binghamton Area?

Anyways, heres a picture of my old XJ. Ill post pictures of my new XJ when I get her.

100_0595.jpg

Thank you! I havent been this excited about anything in a longg time. Ive been really big into the Honda scene since I was 16, but I never connected with the people in that scene. Im more a backwoods guy that likes to camp, but my lowered SI cant even make it down a gravel road lol.

My new XJ is all stock, but I finally can afford to build it the way I want. I am dreaming of trips to Rausch Creek to meet and hang out with some cool ass people.

Thank you! I havent been this excited about anything in a longg time. Ive been really big into the Honda scene since I was 16, but I never connected with the people in that scene. Im more a backwoods guy that likes to camp, but my lowered SI cant even make it down a gravel road lol.

My new XJ is all stock, but I finally can afford to build it the way I want. I am dreaming of trips to Rausch Creek to meet and hang out with some cool ass people.

We have a big event coming up from Oct 21-23 (Rocktoberfest) where a bunch of us head down to Rausch Creek and wheel/eat/hang out/etc.

Feel free to come on down!

Ive heard, and read all about it and have been dreaming about this for years. I might come down, but I probably wouldnt be able to wheel much as it is completely stock, and the only recovery point is a weak hitch in the back.

Guess Ill have to order c4x4 towhooks and a couple other parts immediately!

Re: Lower Slower Delaware

Hi, name's Tim, just got my first Jeep a few weeks ago, times are tough so it's gonna remain pretty stock for a while. mine is a 96 XJ Sport 2 door. So far it's served me pretty well, pulled a few trucks out of holes, pulled logs out of the woods. it's pretty amazing what a Jeep can do.

hi5j6.jpg

94T7T.jpg

Hi My Name is Brian I am 29 and live in Central MA.
I have a 01 XJ I lifted 6.5" with the Rough Country Long Arm kit when it first came out.
I like it very much so far, here are my current specs. (axles to change a little in near future)

2001 Cherokee XJ
4.0 I6 Auto
Dana 30 / Chrysler 8.25 (stock gears)

Mods:

6.5" RC Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit
Rubicon Express SYE
Rubicon Express Rear Drive shaft
Cragar Soft 8 wheels
33x12.5x15 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain
RC 1.5" wheel spacers
Rusty's Steering stabilizer
Bilstein 5150's all around
Bushwacker Fender Flares
Rock Lizard Front bumper
Olympic 4x4 Rear Rock Bumper
Olympic Tire Swing out
Rock Lizard Light mounts
Rock Lizard - Gila Monster Lower Quarter Guards (3/16" Plate steel)
Rock Lizard - Gila Monster Door guards
WARN Front D30 Diff Guard
Ruff Stuff rear Diff cover
Powertank Gas tank skid plate
Big Daddy Off road tire-rod
Hidden Hitch trailer hitch
Welded on Front Lower Control Arm skid plates
Rear BPE's
Rear Zone off-road lower shock mounts raised to axle
Flex-a-lite Trimline electric cooling fan
Lebaron Hood Vents
Extended front bump stops upper and lower
Adjustable rear bump stop lower perch
CB Radio/3' Firestick
Hi-Lift Jack
IPF H-4 Headlight conversion
Remote Starter
Alpine CD/MP3/iPOD player
Infinity Door speakers w/separate tweeter
600w Amp 10" sub
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Roof Rack
Tow straps and a lot of spares/gears/tools

IMG_20100821_154820.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

imagejpeg953.jpg

FILE0788.jpg

FILE0780.jpg

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

FILE0261.jpg

Future mods;

High pinion D30 w/4:10s
Ford 8.8 w/4:10's , Disc brakes, and Aussie locker
Limiting straps
Front winch bumper
Winch with synthetic line.

all in due time.

:geek:
:sunshine:

Nice rig, i thought your rig looked familiar, i think i might have your video favorited on youtube.

btw, how do you like those bilstein 5150s?

Nice rig, i thought your rig looked familiar, i think i might have your video favorited on youtube.

btw, how do you like those bilstein 5150s?

Sweet man thanks I love them! So many people give me such + feedback on my Jeep vids. If I ever have a bad day I just go to my youtube inbox and it is filled with great comments about how cool my Jeep is. :cool:
Oh and I get a TON of comments from people asking where I got my light mounts. lol

nice jeep brian, axle will be delivered thursday

I am so happy to hear that man. thank you . thank you . thank you.
:cheers:

Sick XJ Brian, id like to get mine at level some day.
thank you

not to answer for him but.. I have them on my rig and for the money.. they're well worth it.

this is true!
Also i am not sure how much they cost but they came out with a new shock I think to replace the 5150s in some applications. the new ones have remote ressies and have a stock style upper mount so you don't need to change the way the shock mounts in the XJ.

I have had 0 problems with my 5150s but I read (before buying but still didnt care) but they are non-rebuild-able.
I think the new style ones are though.
my friends have the 5100 and love them as well and they are rebuild-able.
I just wanted some reservoirs. lol

Back