• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce yourself

Good afternoon! I've been lurking around here for the past few months checking things out and figured I'd better introduce myself and my Jeep. I'm here in northern Virginia and looking to get started doing a little off roading. Apologies for the lack of photos.

Jeep Spec:

• 2000 XJ 4x4
  • 4.5" RE superflex lit with OME shocks
  • SYE'd
  • Tom Woods Rear drive shaft
  • 32"BFG KM2s
Still have to install a Detours XJ backbone bumper and a Warn winch before I head out on the trail I recon. Hopefully I'll get that done next weekend. Cheers!

Whats up everyone, My name is Michael Keleny. I got my first jeep from my dad when I turned 16. It was a 1984 jeep cherokee (hence the name) The original, it had AMC logos in lots of places. I put her to rest this past fall, to much rust to keep up with and 340 000 on the amc 2.5 ltr was plenty. So I got a new one. 1996 cherokee with 104 000 on it, nice shape hardly any rust, it was a DNR vehicle so it had a few extras on it. Heavy duty skid plates front and rear tow package and a huge brush guard. Only problem (and the reason I joined the forum) is that it slips out of Lockup. The torque converter disengages (smoothly though) rpm goes up about 3 to 500 rpm depending on the speed. Hoping its the lockup solenoid, (if anyone has one I would like to buy it) We also have in the family many jeeps. Our favorite is the 51 Willys that is used as a utility vehicle at our cabin. I will try and get a pic of that up too.

Whats up everyone, My name is Michael Keleny. I got my first jeep from my dad when I turned 16. It was a 1984 jeep cherokee (hence the name) The original, it had AMC logos in lots of places. I put her to rest this past fall, to much rust to keep up with and 340 000 on the amc 2.5 ltr was plenty. So I got a new one. 1996 cherokee with 104 000 on it, nice shape hardly any rust, it was a DNR vehicle so it had a few extras on it. Heavy duty skid plates front and rear tow package and a huge brush guard. Only problem (and the reason I joined the forum) is that it slips out of Lockup. The torque converter disengages (smoothly though) rpm goes up about 3 to 500 rpm depending on the speed. Hoping its the lockup solenoid, (if anyone has one I would like to buy it) We also have in the family many jeeps. Our favorite is the 51 Willys that is used as a utility vehicle at our cabin. I will try and get a pic of that up too.

Sounds good man. if youre in WI, theres another chapter for your area - Post some pics anyway :)

Hey. My names Patrick. I live in the Hudson Valley.

IMG_0447-1.jpg

And that's my 01 XJ.

Hey guys! I'm brand spankin' new to Jeepin'! I'm picking up my first on Sunday. A 98' 4.0L 2 door Cherokee! Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted!:clap:

The plan:
-Fatbob 3in coils and 2in addaleafs
-teraflex drop shackle
- zero rate addaleaf
-1in aluminum coil spacer
- Rusty's control arms
-Rusty's HD trac bar with frame mount
-Bilstein 5100's all around
-JKS disconnects
Let's see how long this takes... lol

Last edited:
I'm Mike, '00 XJ with 102000 miles. Picked it up in great shape in September with 93000 miles. I've put it through a lot ... including driving it for a few months at 600 miles a week for work! I love the Cherokee ... bought it because it's the last of a dead breed and a modern classic. Wanted to do a lift this year and go with 31x9.5 or 30x8.5 tires but I had to buy a mileage getter car and that ... ate up my extra funds.

Either way, it's getting a rear receiver (for recovery point) and a new cooling system and I'll enjoy the @#$! out of this stock Cherokee!

When I got it in September, it wasn't too rusty ... but it is starting to rust a bit. Need to save it!

I have done a minor bit of wheeling in it. Nothing serious, and probably can't even be considered so with some more serious Jeeps on here.

Here's a few pics:
208182_550525143063_202202220_31220503_1145491_n.jpg

32711xj7.jpg

hello i live in summit county,CO and i cant figure out how to post pics of my rig! anyone have any tips??

You might have better luck in the Colorado chapter too ;) I've been to Alma before though, nothing beats drinking at the south park saloon, highest elevation bar in the US :D

Back