• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior/Electrical shop in the Bay Area

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of an interior/electrical shop in the Bay Area? I have 4 doors from a donor Jeep that has power windows/door and I want to have my manual windows/doors converted.

Does anyone know of an interior/electrical shop in the Bay Area? I have 4 doors from a donor Jeep that has power windows/door and I want to have my manual windows/doors converted.

No need to have a shop do it for you. It is pretty easy. Just grind out the rivets holding the window regulators in, and if you don't have a huge pop riveter you can just use nuts and bolts to install the regulators. Just be sure to use locking bolts and washers to help keep it all in place.

No need to have a shop do it for you. It is pretty easy. Just grind out the rivets holding the window regulators in, and if you don't have a huge pop riveter you can just use nuts and bolts to install the regulators. Just be sure to use locking bolts and washers to help keep it all in place.

What he said.

The rivets seem to run somewhere around 1/4" typically, so just drill them out, replace with 1/4"-20 hex head capscrews and Nylon collar locking nuts, and you're good. I like CRES hardware, so I don't have to worry about ruse (the Nylon collars keep the nuts from wiggling off.)

If you want a hand, come on down one week-end and we'll get you sorted. I know San Jose is a bit far for you, but I'm willing to help!

if you want someone to do it for you, i'm in south city, i can do it for you.

If you are looking for someone to do it for you, let me know, i can help. i'm just over the hill in SSF.

Back