• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install party 2nd weekend of September!

crazyjim said:
lol, I can't guarantee that, not my pad, and not sure Andy's wife would appreciate a drunken Mike along with Bryce causing a ruckus lol...

Yeah, Lilly hates me anyways.....

yea primarily savings and because ive never lifted cars...only lowered them. so this is foreign to me so a kit seemed like a good idea.

i sent RC an e-mail and never got a response. but i heard that they ride harsher then the Rustys kit.

the rustys kit will be about 600 shipped to my door with a new steering stabilizer.

my other thought was piece together my own kit. however...thats where its all foreign to me.

besthaticouldo said:
yea primarily savings and because ive never lifted cars...only lowered them. so this is foreign to me so a kit seemed like a good idea.

i sent RC an e-mail and never got a response. but i heard that they ride harsher then the Rustys kit.

the rustys kit will be about 600 shipped to my door with a new steering stabilizer.

my other thought was piece together my own kit. however...thats where its all foreign to me.

I don't have ANY experience with Rusty's stuff but from what I have seen......I would look elsewhere. Seems its hit and miss with Rusty's. Call rough Country and talk to Jason his contact info is in his sig on here (GRIMUS something). I'll PM you my number and you can call and BS with me. I have a lowered car still and know where you are coming from.

besthaticouldo said:
ah ok...well i have researched doing a homebrew lift...but i am weary because of lack of experience.
I was able to peice together a hybrid lift with used springs and new shocks. I had no other choice. Bottom line is that I just couldnt afford a kit not a 4.5, not a 3, not even a 2. Worked out well enough for me, they are quality parts and the previous owners Broke them in :D so no future sagging for me. The total cost for the mods on my XJ is surprisingly low.

Last edited:
FYI the only thing rustys sells that is worth a damn is thier springs. dont buy a rustys track bar if you value your life. some searching here will show why.

silverslk said:
Well Jim, I am gonna guess that nobody is showing up early but I would like to start between 8:30 and 9am. You are off at 6am that day or 6pm the night before? Either way, you can crash out in the spare bedroom (depends if Craig is sleepi....either way,haha) for a bit if you need.

depends on what happens the night before.
but then again jim is a big boy so his big ass can have the room.

crazyjim said:
Damn... I totally would if I could fit them before the lift lol. I might have you re-balance them though, the guy who did it last time sucked :laugh:

BTW, this is still on for those interested.

Still on with your "FRIENDS" somewhere else!!!! !!!1

GEt some shitty little stocks to run and get your 33's on your rims. Wait.....I have a set of stocks in the garage. Bring a corolla down and fill it up with 215/75/15's haha they will fit and we can bag them to keep the car clean.

silverslk said:
Still on with your "FRIENDS" somewhere else!!!! !!!1

GEt some shitty little stocks to run and get your 33's on your rims. Wait.....I have a set of stocks in the garage. Bring a corolla down and fill it up with 215/75/15's haha they will fit and we can bag them to keep the car clean.
I dunno if that'd even be worth it in gas in the corolla? I mean I can...

See if someone out there has a set of stocks you can borrow for the day to come down on. It would be nice to see the finished product once the lift is on and not sitting on 30's......hahaha

Back