• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

injector swap questions

What specific injectors did you get? Ford 280150943: FOTB-05A

Did you contact the vendor? Yes. No response so far. I sent another e-mail tonight

Did you measure the resistance? No. I was worried about getting the truck running correctly for the ride to work. I finished up late Sat night. I can check them easily enough. What resistance values should I see?

hey joe peters you been really helpfull so far you seem to know alot about this so whats the difference between the fat bodied and stick type or is there a difference?

hey joe peters you been really helpfull so far you seem to know alot about this so whats the difference between the fat bodied and stick type or is there a difference?

Just a newer generation, easier/cheaper to manufacture. One thing I have wondered about the new stick type, specifically on the XJ 00-01 years, may have contributed to those years having so much trouble with heat soak.

I don't understand why the stick type would have heat soak problems(thinner, less material?). I know about the issues with the metal bases and plastic tops potentially leaking at the seams, but you'd think they'd also be more prone to heat soak due to the metal bases getting hotter than the plastic tops. I think the real issue with the later models getting heat soaked is due to the precats they added.

I don't understand why the stick type would have heat soak problems(thinner, less material?). I know about the issues with the metal bases and plastic tops potentially leaking at the seams, but you'd think they'd also be more prone to heat soak due to the metal bases getting hotter than the plastic tops. I think the real issue with the later models getting heat soaked is due to the precats they added.

It really is just a WAG--no science involved here. The heat soak problem seems 99-01 wide, not just on the XJs with the 50 state emissions--pre-CATS.

I see the heat soak issue as the "perfect storm" of poor or weak decisions, and a thinner bodied injector in a high heat zone may have been another nail in the coffin lid.

according to bosch, one of the advantages of the newer ev6 "stick" style injectors, is that they are supposed to have an increased resistance to heat soak.

What specific injectors did you get? Ford 280150943: FOTB-05A

Did you contact the vendor? Yes. No response so far. I sent another e-mail tonight

Did you measure the resistance? No. I was worried about getting the truck running correctly for the ride to work. I finished up late Sat night. I can check them easily enough. What resistance values should I see?

Can you reset the computers on renix same as OBD1&2?
280 150 943 Injectors are the old EV1 pintle type injector, a modern Bosch EV6 4 hole / multi-orifice injector will have part number 280 155 xxx, Maybe they sent the wrong parts?
look for yourself.
http://www.usrallyteam.com/content/products/injector/Bosch_Injector_data.xls

Hope you get it sorted

Last edited:
well looks like ill havta find me some of these bad boys at the junk yard and if there is none maybe break down and buy some because i dont need my new ride going up in flames:)

Different colors for different years. I found out that a stock XJ injectors are 18.72 lbs. There for any 19 lbs injector will work just fine, I got mine from 87-93 mustang 5.0 GT They work great just make sure you put a little grease on the new rings before installing them that will soften them up so they don't tear, grease will make them seal better too.

anyone got a list of ford vehicals with the year and model with these injectors i found some for dodge but cant find any ford ones

It really is just a WAG--no science involved here. The heat soak problem seems 99-01 wide, not just on the XJs with the 50 state emissions--pre-CATS.

I'll second this. My 2001 XJ was equipped with California emissions and had the heat soak problem; my current 2000 is a federal model and also does it. The 2000 is arguably worse at this point (it did it in 20-degree weather a few days ago), but it also has 50,000 more miles on it than the 2001 did when totalled.

In any event, I'll be interested to see what if anything the Ford injectors do after I get them in to help with that. One thing I did notice was that the heat soak was particularly bad before the thermostat failed a few months ago; after replacing it, it became noticeably less frequent.

Please don't do that.

Back to your question: which part number are you looking for? There have been a couple mentioned here and it's not entirely clear which one you want.

well went to the jy today and got 2 different types got a set of yellow stick 4 hole ones out of a ford car forget what it was and i got a set of orange top silver bottom ones out of a 98 ford windstar not sure what ones to try first? any advice?

I'd try the latter , same as mine.
2-7.jpg

and no I didnt heat tape or tube em, was just an idea

Back