• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Welcome to the club, bud!

My folks knew I was blind when I learned to read and held the page at the end of my nose.

The Navy measured me at 20/400, because that's as high as their scale goes.

And I can only get the big "E" on the eye test chart, 'cause I've got it memorized!

Robert

I am blind as a bat w/o my glasses.....thought about lasik, but 4 eyes are fine for now.

Cheese "been sportin specs since I was 12" Man
X2... if it's past about 12" from my nose, things get blurry.

I thought about lasik but I'd rather buy another ten cars, so I wear glasses.

I'm about 20/15 with glasses and my prescription is 3.25 dioptre, which apparently is around 20/200.

Funny thing is, I grew up not wearing glasses, only got them when I was 15 or so, so I got really good at recognizing patterns of blurs as words by the "that one is round, and that one is tall and thin, and that one's got a blur above it... I bet it says 'old'" method. When they check my vision I have to force myself to only read the rows that are reasonably clear instead of falling back on blur/pattern matching.

The navy was nice enough to fix my eyes for me. I was 20/400 and now I'm 20/15 in the left, but my right eye is 20/25.

It's just enough of a difference from when I wore glasses that I think it's affecting my shooting. I might have to get a set of goggles just for when I go to the range.

Even if I had to spend the cash, I'd do it. It's awesome not worrying about where my glasses are.

I recently got my first pair of glasses.

they suck

I should have never gone to the eye doctor and realized how bad my vision was. I was getting along just fine without.

That's a lot nicer than they were to me. I got the one pair of bootcamp B-C Buddy Holly's, then I was on my own...

Robert

Didn't become widely available until about 5-6 years ago. The navy sent docs into the civilian practices to intern and learn the systems and processes. Now with so many people being deployed, you can usually get in in a couple of months if you're a priority 1 or 2.

If you're shuffling papers on a desk, they probably won't do it. You have to justify doing your job better and safer without having to worry about losing your glasses. I work a flight deck, so I was a 2.

Even guys who would never have passed the test to become aircrew are now qualified. There's been a ton of studies done to show that the surgery isn't affected by the things you encounter flying around.

Teaser shots of new product.......Its all almost done.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

Even a tease has to put out eventually, or everybody loses interest...

Robert

I had a Feeling you'd go out with a bang. At least its just on its side. Could be worse. Glad you are ok.

went whitewater rafting on the pigeon river today with one of my employees... had a friggin awesome time... its a lot more fun when your on your own trip and not a guide trip.... the 12 pack of beer helped too ;)

I'll post up more tomorrow.

100_0350.jpg

that picture messed with my head when i first saw it. :roll:

got the eng and trans out of the new jeep. by the end of the week i should be ready to swap the whole dtrain over. my GF asked what the NINJA sticker was on the back of my jeep. then she said my green jeep looks like a turtle. so i dubbed it the NINJA TURTLE. cool ehh?

T.O. Comin' to Cincy....:yelclap:

Grab your popcorn and your fav. bev. cause it's gunna be a great show.

Who-Dey!!!

Nick

T.O. Comin' to Cincy....:yelclap:

Grab your popcorn and your fav. bev. cause it's gunna be a great show.

Who-Dey!!!

Nick

Alright another reason to hate the Bengals! Colts FTW if they pull their heads out of their asses in the post season.

Alright another reason to hate the Bengals! Colts FTW if they pull their heads out of their asses in the post season.

We'll see ya in the play-offs my friend. Hopefully in Cincinnati...

Who-Dey
Nick

It's a great day to be a Bengals Fan.:eek:

Enjoy having 2 douchebags in your team! Haha, I would say they can go have the ghey secks but they love themselves too much! :D

:D
Enjoy having 2 douchebags in your team! Haha, I would say they can go have the ghey secks but they love themselves too much! :D

Yep ,Palmer will have his hands full.One in each ear... I think he can handle them.

The price you pay makin' millions:D

Nick

Stay tuned..I'm posting a Haspin Vid.

Back