• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I learned in a camanche, cant remeber the year, it was a spor "T" truck. It said it on the side. lol Dads ol truck with the iron duke in it. That thing would never die.

Side note.
Oil filter adapter on the jeep started pukein. Thats this weeks project.

AMC stopped using the Pontiac motor in 1984... the first Comanche was 1986... that was an AMC 2.5l. Nothing in common with the Pontiac motor other than displacement.

My first was the various Fords around the farm. The 79 F-250, with the straight six...Slower than the day was long.. but you didn't even need to use the clutch in first. The other was an 84 F-150 with the 302, with a granny gear. Didn't even use first most of the time.

Did you have to ride a bike with no chain?
:D

Got the oil filter adapter o ring fixed. Replaced the motor mounts and sold my $130 books back to the school for $50. Aint that a ripoff

did i ever tell you how i invented snowboarding? they try to give me credit. but i wont take it. i was in a hole in the wall town of what is today now called utah....

Maybe for the more skilled shifters it's no big deal, but I'd dread going through the stop and go with a stick shift and a trailer.

It's really not that bad.. My Ferd's first gear isn't that low, so its not bad when starting the trailer with the heep on it. You still end up shifting half way through the intersection, but the worn out shifter bushings are FAR worse that having to make the shift. My only other complaint would be the throw distance from first to second... The shifter handle goes from almost the dash to almost hitting the seat.

I learned on a 1970 Chevy Vega Wagon.
I think it was just a 3 speed?!

BOB

i learned to drive stick in a peterbilt.

i think it was a 16 speed?!

lol

did i ever tell you how i invented snowboarding? they try to give me credit. but i wont take it. i was in a hole in the wall town of what is today now called utah....

haha I love that movie

out cold FTW :worship:

Don't forget "where's my droid", off the hook and adyno.

Where's my droid is an app that will turn the volume up on you phone when you send it a text. You know in case it gets misplaced while on vibrate.

Off the hook makes it so the phone is silent w/o vibrate when its face down, or just ring when set face up and ring w/ vibrate when its upright (in a pocket or pouch)

Adyno is a dynometer program that's just kinda fun to play with. Btw according to it my xj has 200hp at the rear wheels.

Parakeet

I'm in the middle of a contract with AT&T but I've wanted an Android phone ever since T-mobile got theirs. I'm about done with AT&T, half the time I try to open a web page (usually NAXJA) I don't have any data service.

My BlackBerry doesn't do a whole lot, but it's really good at the stuff it does (basically just e-mail). I think I could switch to Droid since I use Google products for everything, just curious how much staying power it has. I don't want to get it and realize I bought a toy (like an iPhone).

The Droid phones blow any Windows mobile phones out of the water. It does just about everything the Iphone does and then some. The amount of apps that the droids have doesn't touch how many the Iphone has but most of them are free.

The one nice thing is Google stores all your contacts for you and syncs them with the phone. So if you have addresses in your Gmail contacts it will be pulled to the phone as soon as you log it on.

Parakeet

Cold this morning... Going out this afternoon to start the Jeep up and let it run for a bit... Looks like over Xmas break I have a power leak to hunt down, last week battery was at 9volts when I first started it up... Then again it is a Blue-Box Battery...

I think we're looking at -20 windchills here today. I will be doing the same before I go take a dendro final.

Don't know what it's like outside... closest I've come to outside is opening the front door to let the pooch out and back in. I know it's cold cause she walked off the porch peed and came right back to the door

Parakeet

-5 when I left at 0810 to head for a doctor's appointment. Bright, BRIGHT sun and no wind on the way to work, it's actually a pretty nice day outside.

Cold this morning... Going out this afternoon to start the Jeep up and let it run for a bit... Looks like over Xmas break I have a power leak to hunt down, last week battery was at 9volts when I first started it up... Then again it is a Blue-Box Battery...

Sounds like its the battery breakin down. You might have it checked. Cold weather is hard on batteries.

Back