• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Hey Jim, How's it going?
Long time no see.
You coming up this way again anytime soon?

We were just up there this weekend. In Volo. Not sure when I'll be up there next.

JIM.

Volo has a pretty cool car/truck museum... it hosts a syclone/typhoon meet that I go too during the summer.

Volo has a pretty cool car/truck museum... it hosts a syclone/typhoon meet that I go too during the summer.

We've been once. Need to go back & see what new stuff they have.

JIM.

Merry Christmas!
6d7b817b36888ed4c367e3ed78c7840c.jpg

So I know Lesslimited tows with his work van. Anyone else tow their heep with a van? Ive been looking at tow vehicles, which will be getting shared with my old man to do side jobs with when he needs it. I thought of grabbing a 2000s 2500 Express van, and just cleaning up the interior with removable racks. Pull out the racks, throw in a bed, fridge etc for wheeling trips.

So I know Lesslimited tows with his work van. Anyone else tow their heep with a van? Ive been looking at tow vehicles, which will be getting shared with my old man to do side jobs with when he needs it. I thought of grabbing a 2000s 2500 Express van, and just cleaning up the interior with removable racks. Pull out the racks, throw in a bed, fridge etc for wheeling trips.

I haven't towed my heep with a van, but I have towed other vehicles with 3500 Express van and it did just fine. Not a bad idea about camping in it too. I have wanted a Quigley conversion van for over a decade now, damn things hold their value way too well though...

A GMC AWD conversation van might be my next tow rig if I cant find an 8.1 drw cclb 4x4 GMC to replace my 8.1 XL here soon. They tow just fine.

Same drivetrain as a 3/4 ton truck or SUV, just 2wd. I would look for a 3500 for the full float 14b with 4.10s.

Decent camp and tow rig as long as you get one that has been taken care of.

742e77bd755385dddc1415d1c41efc3f.jpg

It had a a futon and Christmas lights inside...

mac ‘circa 2007’ gyvr

A year or so ago I happened on a forum dedicated to camping and towing with vans. The AWD Chevies were very desirable but tough to come by.

Back