• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Winterfest week should be interesting...

I have a conference for work Mon-Wed...in Virginia...

Bought a plane ticket from CHO to IND last night for Wed March 6th...

mac 'I should have a job in logistics' gyvr

It sucks but is always worth it! Fall of 2017 I was in Indy for a conference Sunday - Wednesday, home midnight Wednesday, loaded with the whole family on the road for Kentucky by 5 AM Thursday. The beer will taste that much better when you get to the campground!

Good luck, Mac, with Charlottesville. I used to work for a company headquartered in Charlottesville and the flights in and out were miserable. The airport has, I think, 4 gates and the person that takes your bags at the counter, is the one that checks your tickets at the jetway, is the one that goes on the tarmac and directs the planes when they are loaded.

I had more than one cancelled connection into Charlottesville. Always stranded in Charlotte NC. I started flying direct to Washington DC and driving the 2 hours to CHO just to avoid using the CHO airport.

Well the crew I’m going with is driving back Thursday morning, so there’s plan B.

I connect in dulles.

mac ‘leaving the rv and jeep in indy’ gyvr

f68e112ba20b42ac8eb094221a3c555b.jpg

Metal cloak bling

mac ‘gas tank skid’ gyvr

Yea. I have a Miami work trip coming up. All I am told is late Feb or maybe march.

I have to admit..working for a small family owned company, I kinda miss the road life. I always loved the first week of a trip, enjoyed the second week, tolerated the third, and wanted to throat punch someone by the forth.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Haha, you or me?

I was on the road for 10 weeks before Christmas (weekends at home). The beginning of this year is looking to be about the same. I have to wait until my March bonus and I might toss my resume out there, it is becoming a little too much.

Posting from Finland; with 4 flights, 3 connections ahead of me.

Only took about about 3 months but the axle on the trailer that was destroyed on way back from Moab is finally fixed. One step closer to WF.

That's a good looking XJ Chuck. Not a bad price on it either. Looks to be in decent condition.

Haha, you or me?

I was on the road for 10 weeks before Christmas (weekends at home). The beginning of this year is looking to be about the same. I have to wait until my March bonus and I might toss my resume out there, it is becoming a little too much.

Posting from Finland; with 4 flights, 3 connections ahead of me.

I could not travel like you do...

Or like Tim used too...

mac 'I am happy with an average of one trip a year with a flight' gyvr

Ha! Sounds like you and SeanR are driving to McChzbaggeR this year, the fuel bill will be 1/3 of what your bar tabs were!

Cheese "get your beach body, I mean liver, ready" Man

I've been looking at the mirror, and the piles of empty beer containers laying around. Im slowly evolving into the MWC classic body. Bald fat and old.

In other news, Im gonna go up this weekend to test drive a couple of Ecodiesel Rams. I know you Ecoboost guys towed to Moab fine, and watched a few reviews of trucks pulling up the Eisenhower. Still, I'm on the fence about going with a 1500 to tow. On a plus side it'll probably be a good daily as diesel isn't too bad out here vs gas. But then again it's still not a 2500, and I'll be doing 4-5 wheeling trips a year with it, including at least one pull over the Rockies.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back