• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Oh btw, the Kansas City airport is the oddest airport I've ever been in...

mac 'racked up a helluva bar bill before coming home tho' gyvr
It was designed for Braniff as their hub. It was intended as a transfer point for them. It wasn't designed for post 9/11 service and that is why all those wierd walls are in it.

SAM... It's way out in the middle of nowhere. There isn't anywhere close to get anything to eat or drink and it's 60s design doesn't have much service inside security.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

It was designed for Braniff as their hub. It was intended as a transfer point for them. It wasn't designed for post 9/11 service and that is why all those wierd walls are in it.

SAM... It's way out in the middle of nowhere. There isn't anywhere close to get anything to eat or drink and it's 60s design doesn't have much service inside security.

There's a bar inside security...

and some food...

mac 'they are building a new one in the next 5 years we were told' gyvr

There's a bar inside security...

and some food...

mac 'they are building a new one in the next 5 years we were told' gyvr
I'm not surprised they added a bar. When I was there 5 years ago, there was coffee stand and a sandwich cart passed security. Outside had a couple bar type places and a Starbucks.

I'm not surprised they added a bar. When I was there 5 years ago, there was coffee stand and a sandwich cart passed security. Outside had a couple bar type places and a Starbucks.

yeah there's more than that

there's even a restaurant upstairs in part of it that is accessible inside the secure area.

mac 'all of this only matters for the trip home tho' gyvr

yeah there's more than that

there's even a restaurant upstairs in part of it that is accessible inside the secure area.

mac 'all of this only matters for the trip home tho' gyvr
That area was only accessible from the Southwest terminal before. If you were on American or any others too bad...

I just assumed that he was flying Southwest from Midway to Kansas City.

mac 'If SeanR was with him, he'd find the bar' gyvr

What happened to haggling. Been looking at tacomas went and looked at a couple made a couple offers. The first one I knew wouldn't fly, I offered 7500 on a 13000 truck, body and interior were in rough shape. The second I went to look at it because the price wasn't on line low miles clean old man owned, they told me they wanted 17k told them that was way to high, about 3 days later they gave me a call asking if I was still interested so I figured what the hell and told them I'd be a buyer at 13500 they said the 17k was the best they could do, I politely said why the hell did ya call me then. Then today I had a promising one, 05 100k miles no price on line, so the wife calls they say 12500, she told them it was a bit high she wanted to stay under ten. They said they had some wiggle room and they just took it in on trade over the weekend. So we drove about an hour there it wasn't even cleaned out yet turned out to be a manual trans and the salesman was telling me they were going to send it to auction. I'm thinking great they actually might be willing to make a deal. Offered 9500. Nope salesman comes back and tells me his manager said 14500. I said you realize you went higher than the price you guys told me on phone... made it clear that all my offers were cash buys no financing. No dealers haggle anymore and I can't bring myself to over pay and pay what they want for these things.

TLDR:want a tacoma, Can't even give my money away.

I walked right past the bar. To freaked out. I do not fly often. So when landing in 40 mph winds I get a little nervous. From the airport to my hotel apparently I had my “avoid highways” set on my phone. This made for a long drive which included some great inner city views... and then even tho I didn’t get to my hotel until 8:30pm, it wasn’t ready yet!

I bought a BMW 335i a little over a month ago. Every dealer I went to would not budge on the price AT ALL. They all say the advertised price is the lowest they can go.

BTW, one of the funnest cars I have ever owned.

Kudos to Rough Country. In the process of all the work I'm doing on the LJ, I found this joint to be um...well, not good. I bought these a couple of years ago. A chat with the customer service guy and they are replacing this joint with the new upgraded joint. Not only that, they are replacing all of these old style joints in the front.

mac 'wish my body's joints were that easy to get warrantied' gyvr

f59dab21cf9dc2f04d1bb951b6124df5.jpg

What happened to haggling. Been looking at tacomas went and looked at a couple made a couple offers. The first one I knew wouldn't fly, I offered 7500 on a 13000 truck, body and interior were in rough shape. The second I went to look at it because the price wasn't on line low miles clean old man owned, they told me they wanted 17k told them that was way to high, about 3 days later they gave me a call asking if I was still interested so I figured what the hell and told them I'd be a buyer at 13500 they said the 17k was the best they could do, I politely said why the hell did ya call me then. Then today I had a promising one, 05 100k miles no price on line, so the wife calls they say 12500, she told them it was a bit high she wanted to stay under ten. They said they had some wiggle room and they just took it in on trade over the weekend. So we drove about an hour there it wasn't even cleaned out yet turned out to be a manual trans and the salesman was telling me they were going to send it to auction. I'm thinking great they actually might be willing to make a deal. Offered 9500. Nope salesman comes back and tells me his manager said 14500. I said you realize you went higher than the price you guys told me on phone... made it clear that all my offers were cash buys no financing. No dealers haggle anymore and I can't bring myself to over pay and pay what they want for these things.

TLDR:want a tacoma, Can't even give my money away.

Wife and I drove 45 minutes to look at a used car last night with the salesman knowing what time we were coming only to arrive and the vehicle was missing items that it had in the pics online along with damage that was not in the pics and then would only budge $700!

Moab Registration closes in 19! Days!

It's important to those planning the event to have a head count on who is coming to the event!

So, on behalf of the BOD we are going to be giving away a Milwaukee Electric Tools 2863-22 M18 Fuel Onekey 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench Kit with a TEKTON 4950 1/2-Inch Drive Lug Nut Service Tool Flip Impact Socket Set to a lucky NAXJA member that is pre-registered for the 35th Anniversary Celebration!

Rules are simple. You pre-register for the NAXJA Moab event by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on Monday, September 17th 2018 and you are a NAXJA member. This includes those wives or other members that register with another member, we specifically had a check mark in the registration form to indicate if anyone else on your registration is a NAXJA member.

That's it!

Click here for the thread on how to register!

Did he just need to fart?

My son complain of stomach pain when he was 6, turned out to be pneumonia, we almost lost him.

4a0d5d11a2c10fe3b3f96c4c11509d03.jpg

Someday I’ll build a 60 for this thing...

mac ‘until then more 30s!’ gyvr

Back