• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

When did "hate" come to mean disagreeing with someone elses point of view?
I honestly think someone took a few pages out of Idiocarcy and decided it should be used as a guide book.
It is about time to hit the reset button.

I hate over-regulation. I wear my seat belt most of the time, and I almost never wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Science has proven many things over the years, a fall from only three feet can cause brain damage....should we all wear helmets walking? Smoking literally ****ING KILLS YOU should it be illegal?!? Weed has scientifically been proven to do all sorts of stupid things, look at CO. I think the point is its better to leave well enough alone, then make a law that maybe crosses a line and maybe doesn't. Freedom isn't about being mostly free enough to do as you please, it about being free. Don't feed me crap about cost of first response, thats garbage and you knew it when you typed it. First response is expensive because of a lot of things but here's a few that come to mind. UNIONS, asshole people that do stupid shit and get sued, fantastic people who do their job and get sued by stupid people. The fact that (here in my town) if there is an accident including a motorcycle, they by policy have to send a squad car, a command car, an ambulance, and a fire truck. Are kidding me?!?! So more people can help scoop his brains up? Trust me I've done it, it only takes a few swipes with a flat nose shovel and a 5 gal bucket of degreaser. Worried the bike is on fire? What the hell is water going to do anyway?! Or will they use their foam suppression system when an extinguisher will do just fine.

Two weeks ago, I saw a Comed (the electric company) truck sitting in front of a power pole that had a loose neutral. Not disconnected from the grid, just loose from the pole.
Two hours later, I came back by there and there were 11 Comed trucks there and at least 20 men. These were not the little pick ups either they were the big three axle dually bucket trucks, the smallest one there was an F550, the rest were Internationals.
All of them were idling and most of the men were milling around bullshitting and smoking cigs.
I used to do that kind of work for a private contractor, many times my boss and I would go out to fix just the same issue with only two people and one bucket truck. The only reason they sent both of us was OSHA requires a ground man.
Now Comed wants to jack up our rates. We already pay the highest rates in the nation. They say it is to pay for the "smart Meters", guess what, they are not putting one here.

More solar panels...

I grew up in a rural area with volunteer ems...which works just fine until the situation is deemed over the heads of the volunteers ie a very serious injury or fatality. then hired guns get called in from a town next door. that costs a lot more. for example...when my little brother decided to roll the family oldsmobile at 80 mph 3-4 times through an extremely deep ditch. he walked to the road and the first responder was a sheriff who didn't call for ems. my brother stood there with the sheriff while a wrecker was called and cleaned up the wreck....he rode home in the back of the squad car. this was pretty common and happens in a majority of the rual areas in iowa. a large portion of the state live in areas that DO NOT have a full time ems staff...now when my other brother was in the accident i referenced earlier, when the local ems arrived on scene after being contacted by the sheriff, they had to call in backup because of the nature of the injuries and eventually had to call in life flight from a neighboring town...

now sure, there is a certain amount of padding in the budget for paying for additional emergency services when they are needed BUT if that budget is exceeded, then someone has to pay for it. not everyone in america lives in a town or city where they have full time ems that are on call getting paid to be there no matter what. hell, we only had one town police officer...when the situation warranted it, they had to hire a "rent a cop" from a neighboring town to cover for the local cop. with a volunteer corp, at times they called in backup no matter what when local kids were in a serious accident...they tried to avoid having volunteers scrape the brains of their neighbors teenager off the highway.

We have Jolly Vollies here too, and when a situation arises that is over their heads they call in professionals from Rockford or Freeport. Their services are billed to you and your insurance picks it up, if you have any. I once had a $1800.00 ambulance ride to Madison.

I got toothpaste on my shirt..at least I am going to tell everyone its toothpaste.

oh, and I drove the C10 to work...thus the reason for the "toothpaste" all over my shirt .

VZM.IMG_20160414_063226_zpshuybybd5.jpg

so no laws at all? because you can argue infringement on anything you want when it comes to the laws in this country.

no matter what any law is infringement...you either have one or the other. you have laws that make sense or you have no laws at all. i would be perfectly fine with no government and no laws in this country, but we all know that's not realistic. seat belts laws have actually been proven effective with scientific evidence. i like science...it works for me. the smoking in bars analogy was a bad one in retrospect.

i have yet to see scientific evidence that proves government or the insurance companies are effective in making our healthcare system anything other than a giant cluster*&ck.

you said that seat belts laws lessen the cost of auto insurance because the costs of accidents go down.

The democrats said that the ACA would lessen the costs of healthcare insurance because we'd not have uninsured people.

and not all laws are an infringement. I agree with laws protecting people from the actions of other people.

That's what government is supposed to do, protect the rights of the people, not tell them how to live.

All laws are optional. If I decide to go out and break 10 laws today I can go do that. That's the concept that people wanting more government intervention can't comprehend. You can't just put some words on paper and it magically stops people from doing what they want. If that were the case we'd have a utopia.

Then what about censorship? Apply one generalization like no seat belts/helmets then you must apply to everything and let me say fu k you anytime I want for whatever reason I want to whomever I want. It a choice, a right and my freedom of speech that the all mighty freedom pounders feel they should militise over.

Its not a war that can be won, or lost, but just continued conflict. Idiocracy is right. Boobs will win in the end.

I hate over-regulation. I wear my seat belt most of the time, and I almost never wear a helmet on a motorcycle. Science has proven many things over the years, a fall from only three feet can cause brain damage....should we all wear helmets walking? Smoking literally ****ING KILLS YOU should it be illegal?!? Weed has scientifically been proven to do all sorts of stupid things, look at CO. I think the point is its better to leave well enough alone, then make a law that maybe crosses a line and maybe doesn't. Freedom isn't about being mostly free enough to do as you please, it about being free. Don't feed me crap about cost of first response, thats garbage and you knew it when you typed it. First response is expensive because of a lot of things but here's a few that come to mind. UNIONS, asshole people that do stupid shit and get sued, fantastic people who do their job and get sued by stupid people. The fact that (here in my town) if there is an accident including a motorcycle, they by policy have to send a squad car, a command car, an ambulance, and a fire truck. Are kidding me?!?! So more people can help scoop his brains up? Trust me I've done it, it only takes a few swipes with a flat nose shovel and a 5 gal bucket of degreaser. Worried the bike is on fire? What the hell is water going to do anyway?! Or will they use their foam suppression system when an extinguisher will do just fine.

Squad car- traffic control, accident investigation especially if fatal.

Command Car- optional depending on protocol

Ambulance- pretty obvious

Firetruck/Squad- again depending on protocol, in my city, any accident or medical run, firetruck runs, only because we are all EMTs or Paramedics and a lot of times we will beat the ambulance to the scene and are able to start treating the patient if they are workable. It can sometimes be several minutes before an ambulance arrives due to traffic, staffing, or other calls. The firetruck also serves as a big shield from traffic for the responders that are working the scene.

We are non Union.

Last edited:
The volunteer FD and EMS here respond to all accidents and emergencies, regardless of their severity. That's why it creates a giant traffic jam on the highway when the 18 yo volunteer kid in his ford ranger with a lightbar is directing traffic.

Passing laws to keep people safe from themselves doesn't keep people safe from themselves. There's a law against all kinds of things, but the AP app on my phone has articles about people dying everyday.

And whoever said it is absolutely right. If we let seatbelts and helmets go, everything else will go too. And that's exactly what the intention was in the first place.

I got toothpaste on my shirt..at least I am going to tell everyone its toothpaste.

oh, and I drove the C10 to work...thus the reason for the "toothpaste" all over my shirt .

VZM.IMG_20160414_063226_zpshuybybd5.jpg

Where are the donut and 1/4 mile videos?

Back