• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I use a propane barrel heater in an uninsulated garage w open rafters. Works great.

thats the route i've been leaning towards...simple, clean burning and temporary. there will be a shed/shop on our property sometime in the near future and the garage will go to being just a garage. the only reason i was thinking about a wood burner because it would be easier to move over to where the shop will be whenever it gets built.

Last edited:
also...just out of curiosity...for those who are in law enforcement, which i believe is only mac an byron. how often to you pull someone over just for a seat belt violation?

On my first big inspection by myself today!
97e12bca4ade30468b2fb8772c7504dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
also...just out of curiosity...for those who are in law enforcement, which i believe is only mac an byron. how often to you pull someone over just for a seat belt violation?

I can tell you that the ohio state patrol does it regularly in my area.

it's easy money, and a good excuse to pull you over and question you.
I bet I see it mentioned 10-12 times a week in the paper.

Often. In Indiana we cannot search the vehicle on a seatbelt stop alone unless you leave your dope in plain view. It is a good way to make contact though :D

And if we are working Project hours we get overtime pay just for hassling citizens about their seatbelts.

Not bad for my first time all by my lonesome. The crew forgot to put in a saddle for a service. I was like hey what about that service? That could of been bad.
2ffe388a09e605200f4aea345f32f63f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Often. In Indiana we cannot search the vehicle on a seatbelt stop alone unless you leave your dope in plain view. It is a good way to make contact though :D

And if we are working Project hours we get overtime pay just for hassling citizens about their seatbelts.

gotcha...i was having a conversation about seat belt laws with someone and said that i didn't think officers really targeted people who didnt wear them, because i don't really hear much about people getting seat belt tickets any more. i suppose that's because most everyone i know wears one. i was also saying that departments probably made money on seat belt tickets and that it probably negated the cost of enforcement and came out as a money maker in the end...so it sounds like i was half right at least

gotcha...i was having a conversation about seat belt laws with someone and said that i didn't think officers really targeted people who didnt wear them, because i don't really hear much about people getting seat belt tickets any more. i suppose that's because most everyone i know wears one. i was also saying that departments probably made money on seat belt tickets and that it probably negated the cost of enforcement and came out as a money maker in the end...so it sounds like i was half right at least

Our department sees almost nothing out of citations. Seatbelt citations are a flat $25 with no court costs, paid to the county.

Speaking of seat belts. Im thinking of ditching the stock seat belts and running a 3 point harness for my Corbeau. Anyone ever do this? I plan to run it off the rear seat belt location. I wanna look cool.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Our department sees almost nothing out of citations. Seatbelt citations are a flat $25 with no court costs, paid to the county.

i can't remember, are you county sheriff or highway patrol?

personally, i'm all in favor of seat belt and helmet laws (even though yes in a way it encroaches a bit on personal freedom) because i think the overall benefit and effectiveness of it has been proven unlike some laws or proposed laws that infringe on other things. i guess losing a friend in high school who wasn't wearing a seat belt when your brother and 3 other friends in the same car who were wearing belts all survived probably has a little to do with that today...

i was 2 steps away from riding bitch in that car between the driver and front passenger in that car where there was no seatbelt...somehow my 14 year old brain that usually made stupid decisions actually made the right choice that day. 22 years ago and ill never forget that night.

Seat belt and helmet laws suck. Who am I hurting besides my self? If you want to wear a helmet wear one, but let me live my life as I see fit

i agree. i racked up over a hundred bucks in seat belt fines before i decided to wear mine all the time. now i feel weird driving with out it.

Seat belt and helmet laws suck. Who am I hurting besides my self? If you want to wear a helmet wear one, but let me live my life as I see fit

i agree to a certain extend but i see it a little like smoking in bars...when your choices directly affect me, then i don't have a problem with it being a law. people dying or getting seriously injured for not wearing seat belts significantly impacts the cost of accident clean up, investigations, hospital transportation in an accident and it has a direct impact on insurance premiums. all of which have an impact on more than just your self. i realize you can make the same argument about smoking, drinking and cheeseburgers but there have been studies that show that seat belts do have a direct cause:effect relationship with your safety in a lot of accidents...so for that reason i do understand it.

also boobies...

Back