• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

7c034c88f0c167b998804c4ae6d43a6b.jpg

Here's my current favorite. Its a rc4wd trail finder 2.

If your interested in looking at a couple Matt to see how they perform let me know. Have got 4 ready to go. Here is ours. Have got another one but it's still under construction at the moment.
7488bf05f304b5a59308b14de06a69f9.jpg

I don't have much money to convert mine so I guess I need to figure out if selling this car complete is a better deal and buying electric or conversion.

I forgot how loud this sucker is...

Ben if you get to the fort I have a pretty open schedule, let me know.

ae069519d92d239aa13e64d920597533.jpg

mac 'brand new superduty body in the basement...but scared to mess it up' gyvr

I was gonna convert my gas truck over to electric but it was just easier to go out and find an electric truck instead. I did some trading on Craigslist to get a couple of mine.

Will see what we got going on. May swing up this weekend.

Ok...have something Thursday eve for a short time and Sunday morning/afternoon

mac 'otherwise open' gyvr

Tv show called brew dogs is in grand rapids MI. Tonight brewing the ultimate MI beer. Check it out.

When I started with my employer we had one of those with an 20 foot flatbed for deliveries to Chicago/Milwaukee and Madison. It was almost dangerously slow in expressway traffic.

I figured as much. I have an International 4700 w/ the DT466 in it with a 6 sp. When I brought it home as a C&C it was a dog on the highway. It was wrapped out at @ 65mph. It has plenty of power and I have put a grain bed on it, but it is not going to win any land speed records that is for sure. I figured this little 5.5 is going to feel a little like the 5.5 FL60 I drove years back. I'm only looking at short local hauls with the skid steer and GN behind it, so no foreseeable use for a highway truck. I may take it in July to an ATV park with our camper behind it and put the SxS and 4 wheelers on the flat bed to save driving 2 vehicles down.

Taking the new Duramax in tomorrow morning to get a tuner, EGR block off, intake and exhaust. Then off to haul the C10's bed to the body shop in Joplin. Should have it done and licensed before July!

last night i had a test for a Midwest renewable energy association "solar site assessment" certification. minimum grade was an 84...i got an 81.
bummed about that.
next week i have a NABCEP certification test. it is allegedly REALLY hard. minimum grade is a 65. 40% of the people that take it fail. it is the gold standard across the globe for solar pv installation.
nervous about that
today i have an interview for a wind farm technician. would be working on 400ft turbines.
anxious about that
in 3 weeks i have to help put a solar pv system up at a local high school as a class project. there will be 72 modules going up. and tons of conduit and wiring.
stressed about that

i have not been sleeping well lately. this is way to much shit going on in my life at one time.

SAM'watch re-runs on the couch kind of guy'SET

When I hate nitro I spent more time lighting things on fire than actually racing.

You ever seen a savage do a backflip over a fence while on fire? If you haven't you need to.

gee, if only you knew someone with 30 years experience with glo engines, and a pile of lipos and electric models now.....

Electric, hand down.
I bought a glo buggy because I wanted the sounds and smells, but now I wished I'd spent another $50 and bought the electric version.
So many limitations because of the noise.
the electric motors are simply more powerful, and that's a fact that can't be argued.

as for the conversion.
You'd need the motor plate and mount, then go straight china for the powertrain and batteries.

Last edited:
Heck I'm down to only 1 nitro truck and it's mainly a parts truck now cuz motor is worn out in it. Don't really want to shell out the money for a new motor for it when for a little more money I can buy a while brand new electric truck. Just gonna put nitro truck in box and put it in storage

Is the Emaxx the same stuff as my tmaxx?

I have rpm arms and all the good stuff on mine...would they go on the same electric car?

mac 'spare parts are always good' gyvr

I never got into nitro but have way too much electric stuff laying around. Anybody want to buy anything? Lol

Mac - the emaxx and the tmaxx are mostly the same. The RPM arms will be a direct bolt on.

Is the Emaxx the same stuff as my tmaxx?

I have rpm arms and all the good stuff on mine...would they go on the same electric car?

mac 'spare parts are always good' gyvr

yes.

you buy the emaxx motor mount stuff and you bolt it to your tmaxx gearbox.

done.
You'll need the battery hold down stuff too.

http://www.how2rc.com/The T MAXX conversion to Brushless Electric Power.html

4s 5000mah batteries are $25 a pop.
and you'll need a fancy charger.
$25 for one of those.

last night i had a test for a Midwest renewable energy association "solar site assessment" certification. minimum grade was an 84...i got an 81.
A BUNCH OF RAMBLING
SAM'watch re-runs on the couch kind of guy'SET

Where are you going to school?

I want to diversify, I would like to get more into alternative energy and energy auditing.

Where are you going to school?

I want to diversify, I would like to get more into alternative energy and energy auditing.

Kankakee community college.

might be a bit of a drive for you:D

that being said, their renewable program has won all kinds of awards.

but if you are interested check out the MREA
https://www.midwestrenew.org/
i think they offer a lot of online classes
much of my schools certifications and curriculum comes from them.

they have an "energy fair" coming up next month. i have not been, but plan to go this year. lots of vendors, speakers, educators, and beer.

u
gee, if only you knew someone with 30 years experience with glo engines, and a pile of lipos and electric models now.....

Electric, hand down.
I bought a glo buggy because I wanted the sounds and smells, but now I wished I'd spent another $50 and bought the electric version.
So many limitations because of the noise.
the electric motors are simply more powerful, and that's a fact that can't be argued.

as for the conversion.
You'd need the motor plate and mount, then go straight china for the powertrain and batteries.

But the noise is what makes it so cool. Wouldn't trade my nitro 1/8's for anything..

But I do want an electric 1/8 for when it's not politically correct to rip the nitro.

Electric is more powerful hands down. But a nitro screaming at 25,000 rpm is just too much fun

Back