• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

That place is bad ass, went a couple years back and going again this summer. Oh, and will be drinking beers with HoBag in 5 days!

I got a fear of heights and I can't do most things there. I wanted to do the underground tunnels there, but was afraid I would be too big.

I have a paralyzing fear of heights. I get anxiety when I see things on tv that I could fall off of. I almost couldn't watch the guy cross the grand canyon live on discovery.

And I've been to the top of the arch, the top of the needle in Toronto, hung out with the ramp down at 10k feet, helo rappelled and fast roped from 50 feet and took a ride on the rescue hoist of a SAR helicopter.

It scares the shit out of me, but I don't let it make me it's bitch. ;)

I have a paralyzing fear of heights. I get anxiety when I see things on tv that I could fall off of. I almost couldn't watch the guy cross the grand canyon live on discovery.

And I've been to the top of the arch, the top of the needle in Toronto, hung out with the ramp down at 10k feet, helo rappelled and fast roped from 50 feet and took a ride on the rescue hoist of a SAR helicopter.

But he's probably correct about not fitting some of that shit was a tight fit ( real tight).

I can do the arch, I can do a bunch of things. One of my favorite coasters is over 300' tall at points. The issue is that at the museum, it affects me bad. I can't stand ladders over 7' off the ground. If I have a restraint on like in the coaster or know I can't fall out (like in the arch) with no open spaces, it isn't bad. I want to get to Cedar Point to ride Dragster and I would love it if it happened to get stuck at the top like it has a few times.

fatasses

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

Just wait til you get older, you might be one too.

I was 140lbs when I was 28, could bench press 275, crept up to about 145 at 43 or so, then discovered NAXJA, meet Beezil who got me into homebrewing, and it's been mostly downhill from there.

well i have 2 DD candidates...hopefully picking one up tonight. one is pretty rusty, but frame and floors are all still there and runs well. the other has less rust, but the guy wants too much. either way, i should finally have another junk wagon to drive so i can pull ugly jeep in the garage and start tearing her down

Sex of baby was determined today.

Was placed in a sealed envelope to be revealed at a party on April 18th!

mac 'sex party' gyvr

City museum in St. Louis is bad ass, gonna sleep good tonight.

Ps I'm not as fat as I thought because I fit everywhere

Down in my neck of the woods, eh?

I love that place, Fri and Saturday nights are fun with the bar and sometimes fire or belly dancers. There are awesome areas upstairs where they hold private art exhibits and parties. We used to go a lot when Sam worked at the art museum. I worked security for a few sorority parties up there :).

There are at least 2 places I can think of inside where my shoulders and chest are too big to fit through, one is an enclosed slide I had to climb halfway back up once. lol There is also one spot under the floor it took me 10 minutes to get out of, it was so tight I was moving with just my hands and feet a few inches at a time. No way I'm going through that part again, ever. LOL

Heights are scary but I am also in the category of I won't let it stop me from doing anything. Climbing onto the high scary stuff at Bishops Castle in CO. or climbing horn peak are still my favorite places even though they scare me. There is a special kind of doubt when your on something like the city museum or Bishops castle when they move and sway and are a rough finish home made quality. We are going to be doing a run on black bear pass out by Telluride in July, some fear will be involved at that height for sure.

Sex of baby was determined today.

Was placed in a sealed envelope to be revealed at a party on April 18th!

mac 'sex party' gyvr
Awesome, I kind of want another one sometimes but my girls don't like that idea at all.

Last edited:
Back