• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So the FIL comes to visit me at the office yesterday (never good when I get a surprise visit at the office)and tells me that he has decided he is not going to be involved in farming one of the 300 acre tracts that we farm together this year. At first I was pissed bc I have a lot invested into preorder purchases for fertilizer, seed etc. But then he said I could just rent it for an undisclosed amount, OR, he had an offer from an outside source that was almost 3x the amount I would have rented it for....then as I was getting pissed bc I know I could not compete at that price (nor cash flow), he told me that if "we" wanted to rent it to these guys he would include me in the rental proceeds at my current share of the cropping operation. Quick pencil to the paper and it was way more than what I could profit farming it on my own...So, long story short, I will be able to save an extra 2 weeks of vacation time this year and make more $. I am sure this is a 1 year deal, but I'll take it as it comes.

Cheese "should be able to make Redbird this year now" Man

AND WF?

Stupid fing dog ripped her $500 stitches out of her leg last night. Knew I should just put a bullet in her instead of getting her surgery.

unfortunately no WF due to day job obligations and deadlines. Was still holding out hope that there would be a postponement, but it is a set in stone deadline now. Hope when a redbird date is set I can make it. With Case in about every sport available around here, our schedule fills up fast.

I spent last night doing a hack n tap with Fore Wheeler. The driveshaft is too long so I had to drive home in front wheel drive. That's the quietest the Jeep has ever drove. It's funny the stuff you can ignore when you're used to it. Although the u-joints seemed tight my old ds made a bunch of unhappy noises after I put a shackle drop and longer shackles. Thanks for the use of the warm garage and all the help Dan.

Pulled the old jeep in for an alignment Tuesday. discovered the lower C/A's are warn out at the frame side. when you move forward and back the whole axle shifts. I'm still driving it but i don't know if i should wheel it like that. triing to talk the ole lady into some kind of long arm kit.

Rew' anyone got something sitting on the shelf 'Ster

I think he means the mounting holes on the frame... I'd either add a piece of steel welded in or like you said, use it as an excuse for either drop brackets or L.A....

I can see at night now too.

c5ee1dd9860166fa6889a644242c7372.jpg

Fore 'Hella H4' Wheeler

Pulled the old jeep in for an alignment Tuesday. discovered the lower C/A's are warn out at the frame side. when you move forward and back the whole axle shifts. I'm still driving it but i don't know if i should wheel it like that. triing to talk the ole lady into some kind of long arm kit.

Rew' anyone got something sitting on the shelf 'Ster

Is it the control arms or that stupid adjuster they put in there to adjust castor?

It looks like the bushing on the actual arm is bad. They are Rustys that i bought used so i really don't know how old they are. i was gonna use it as an excuse to buy some sort of long arm setup, this didn't fly over to well with the wife because we are supposed to be saving money to buy a new house.

Back