• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

I know the feeling. I haven't been out in the '86 since I broke it in March. Spending my hard earned cash on parts tonight to get it back on the trails for a Badlands trip at the end of October. (hint hint peeps)

Halloween?

I'm off Sat/Sun nights...if I can get Fri off we'd prolly be down for a trip.

I won't know for sure until 15 days out tho...

mac 'taking the hint' gyvr

Oct 25-26. I'm heading out after work on Friday and camping over the weekend. Hope you guys can make it out there!

Well shoot, we already have something going on that weekend.

mac 'camping at a party' gyvr

This is for Flo, which is going to be a stock axle, 31" tire, 3" lift jeep. T thinks she needs her own jeep. She's gonna start just like the rest of us, small and unlocked until she learns to drive. :D

I seen a great write up here somewhere, but I can't find it.

The last time I did it was in 2003 when I was building my old jeep. The late model seems different than I remember the early jeep looking underneath. :dunno:

Pretty much all I did was cut out rocker panel, weld in angle iron to inside rocker area, then set 2x6 on top of angle iron and weld it in.

My Rocker

1"x1" angle spot welded to the inner rocker
1" welded to the door jam (where the clamps are)
2x6 slid in and welded along the parameter

no re-enforcement to the unibody rails and I have used them pretty good, they have not moved.

-be careful trimming the firewall area where the 2x6 meets it.
-had to notch the 2x6 for the seatbelt bolt that goes into the rocker area.
-have fun welding ;)

rest of the pics are here --> http://s774.photobucket.com/user/vt...3&page=2&_suid=141082298600906018835763648704

Last edited:
Re: Re: Important

Pretty much all I did was cut out rocker panel, weld in angle iron to inside rocker area, then set 2x6 on top of angle iron and weld it in.
Just reread OKB's thread, and that's exactly how I was thinking I was going to do it.

One thing I'm going to add is a 1/8"x1" flat bar under the sill area that I will plug weld from the top. This will give more substance to weld to across the sill area.

Back