• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

eqemy5u4.jpg

My morning is of to a greaaaaaaaaat start :/

I'm going to a funeral for a friend of my family this morning.

mac 'your morning could be worse...least you woke up' gyvr

Sorry for your loss macgyvr.

Have fun with that traffic Polar.

Work is slow bearing broke in the crusher. Estimated 6-8 weeks and $20,000 for repairs.

eqemy5u4.jpg

My morning is of to a greaaaaaaaaat start :/

Looks like my commute. The day wouldn't be complete with an 80mph brake check both in the morning and evening.

I'm going to a funeral for a friend of my family this morning.

mac 'your morning could be worse...least you woke up' gyvr

Sorry for your loss sir.

i know this has been brought up before, but who runs a 242 and who runs a 231 here?

the green jeep had a 231 and i had no issues with it. i used it on partially to fully snow covered roads and muddy/unstable terrain. i know they say you shouldn't run it on partially covered pavement, but i always did...hell i drove 4 hours on the interstate once on dry pavement without realizing it was engaged...but i have both sitting in the garage. both of them have about 180k on them, so i'm going to give the one i use a tune up before putting it in.

We run a 242 in our jeep and have no problems out of it. Still like it cause of the part time for use in the winter.

I had a 242 in mine from stock. Took it out when I put in my front locker because the two weren't playing well together, even in 2wd. Run a 231 now. Never had any problems out of either.

Mom's Liberty had the same 231 and gave us 150K of trouble free and zero maintenance use.

the 242 in the racecar has 230K+ miles on it.

it's getting tired, but it's fawesome for snow covered roads.

a fancier 242 is getting installed, as soon as I finish gathering driveshaft parts.

Back