• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Received my new set of Treadwrights for the Dodge. The 19.5's don't come with the balancing warranty...and I can see why. It was a weight stacking mess on them but the local tire shop did the best they could. It is a hell of a set of meats on it but they are a fraction of the price of virgin rubber. I think if i get a year out of them I will be happy and suprised. I ended up with $620 in 4 of them mounted and balanced (as good a s they could). Look just like the old MTR's and are installed on Goodyear casings. Now to find out why the tranny is slipping.....

Cheese "this may get real expensive" Man

Adjust the bands and hope the clutches aren't on their way out.

Tyler is is a confused shift from 1 to 2? Or a real slip?

mac 'fingers crossed' gyvr

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376602294.009722.jpg

Took my yard back from the weeds today...

mac 'it's bad when a chainsaw is involved' gyvr

Just finished my first tranny filter change on the red jeep. I will never do it again.

The filter was $36, then I don't know how much the atf cost cuz I already had it.

The trans shop charges $100 for tranny service. You don't save enough to justify the time involved.

Just finished my first tranny filter change on the red jeep. I will never do it again.

The filter was $36, then I don't know how much the atf cost cuz I already had it.

The trans shop charges $100 for tranny service. You don't save enough to justify the time involved.

Or the mess...

mac 'I get it everywhere' gyvr

My Trans pan doesn't have a drain. I made a mess last night. I put the catch pan under the pan but my Trans pan is wider than my catch pan. I hate ATF.

Had to borrow a buddies weed eater today...

The village idiots are on my case about the weeds along my fence and porch side that I don't see. But my neighbor has an entire yard worth of ragweed driving my wife's allergies into meltdown.

I figure when HOA dues are $70 a year, your HOA won't be very intrusive. I remember when looking at the house first, someone had a swingset for kids in the front yard, partly in a flower bed.

Yeah my HOA bitches me. And so do the neighbors.

Just got to stay one step ahead of them until you can move out...

The next house Sarah and I live in won't be in a HOA area, that is because it is in the country. We already know that. Her parents are wanting to swap homes when they don't want to take care of 3 acres of land. I don't think the HOA is even that strong anymore in this community from talking to current property owners. Most of the HOA dues are to take care of the landscaping at the entrance and electricity for the street lights.

no HOA for me...they wouldn't have the trailer for one thing...

I like the busy street living on the front of the addition...

Country living someday I hope...

mac 'for now the city' gyvr

when i changed my tranny filter i got about a gallon in my hair...which was about shoulder length at the time. that was nasty to get out

have any of you guys ever cleaned your IAC?

he couple "how to"s i read didnt say anything about taking the shaft out. i (accidentally) found out that it unscrews. this makes it great for cleaning, but im wondering if there is any importance in properly setting the depth on the main shaft... thing...

I didnt know the pintle comes out... I need to clean mine, I will try that.
I think you will be OK.
If youre worried about it, only screw it in half way. Its my understanding that the ECU moves it all the way in/out when you turn the key on, I guess to see what the travel of it is.

No HOA for me ever. This is the last house in town for me. I can't stand about 80% of people. I have had enough living near them.

Number one, número uno, single most unbreakable rule I have about owning a house. Never ever EVER!!!!! Buy a house under HOA controls. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

This!

have any of you guys ever cleaned your IAC?

he couple "how to"s i read didnt say anything about taking the shaft out. i (accidentally) found out that it unscrews. this makes it great for cleaning, but im wondering if there is any importance in properly setting the depth on the main shaft... thing...

i did...and i broke it by taking the pintle out...did you try to run it after that. not sure if its supposed to come out or not, but mine didn't work anymore after it did :(

Back