• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm done

I hope to get 2/3rds. out...
I'll keep the houses here, but I want to be tax'd elsewhere... vehicles registered elsewhere... somewhere with more than 1.5 seasons... HOT with some nice days sprinkled in there...

California is a cool state, but the morons administering it :smsoap::twak: are running it into the ground.
I'm fortunate (as allot of us are) in that we know a A/C guy (or two or ?) electricians, concrete or ??? tradesmen who we can call in the event we need them, people we trust that network is valuable (I feel) so not having it initially is a concern and more importantly the network of friends... down here in the low desert where Scott & I are the degrees of separation is only about three at max. if I don't know someone... someone I do know knows them...
I'm sure I'll be having Gr. Kids before tooo long so that'll have the wife wanting to stay semi-close...
We'll see I hope I hope...

Curt

As long as my parents are here in town, I'm here.

Yup, family used to keep me here, too, but I'm over that crap. Seems the old bastard is gonna live to be 100 (that's always been his goal) and I ain't waiting around for that.

Time to go where freedom actually exists a little bit.

Getting out is looking like one of the best things we have ever done.

The Varmints really don't like it when I drag them back to SoCal.

And XJs are abundant here. I went a local pick-n-pull a couple weeks back and there were a half-dozen XJs in the yard. Lots of parts to choose from.

Potato country.

I'm hoping I can borrow Tim's welder when it gets here.

It has actually been a goal for about 10 years. The eclipse was just a good excuse for another trip to the area.

Every year I threaten my wife that we're moving. 13 years later, I own a house.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Our house still hasn't fully recovered from the crash. Bought it in August 2008 thinking the market had bottomed, then watched the value cut in half in 2009. Bought for 86000 in 08, worth 47000 in 09, today it's back to 76ish.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are cashing out at about 3.5x. Assuming everything closes gracefully.

Should be debt free when it is all said and done.

Of course Varmint #1 is already giving me college bills. Go figure.

Back