• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'M BACK... sort of

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Well... to make a long story short, TOYOTA's do not impress me.

I am rejoining the ranks of Jeep owners. Albeit, with a slight change.

6385c.jpg

2006 Rubi with only 7,800 miles on it. Ready to rock, out of the box.

Anyone wanna buy an 86 Toy Pickup with a new 22R (carb) motor and a California cab and frame (0 rust)?? REAL CHEAP. Will trade for a really new hard top for my Rubi that will support half doors.

what ya looking to get for the toyota? i might be interested...

cheers,

jj

I'll be posting pictures and all the specs along with a few extras (header, new performance Cat, 3rd member with 4.10's and Detroit Trac-loc) As soon as I go pick up the Rubi.

http://www.yotatech.com

I'm Rocketman there too!

Found a better deal... Here it sits in the driveway! An LJ... Perhaps I should start NALJA.ORG??

rubi1.jpg

:shocked:

From need fast cash now to a new LJ in a few weeks.....

Hmmmmm.
I need to sell some shit.

Looks sweet Rob.
Congrats.

Hale

Haleyes said:
:shocked:

From need fast cash now to a new LJ in a few weeks.....

Hmmmmm.
I need to sell some shit.

Looks sweet Rob.
Congrats.

Hale

Pretty much. The "Force" is with me now. Had $$$ problems... House Re-fi came through, new dream job , new dream Jeep.

Life is pretty fawkin' good right now.

New job is the kicker... 10 minutes from the house, 2 month old data center, all new gear, server farms, entire IT group in the same building, 20% pay raise, flex hours, Fortune 50 Company. Ryerson Steel.

Anyone need some steel?? I haven't actually asked if getting diamond plate or DOM tubing is a perk :laugh3:

Wow congrats Rob on the new job and Jeep, that's awesome. Nice Jeep too, that Rubi Unlimited as you know is probably the most capable Jeep off the showroom floor OEM!

Big Red said:
Wow congrats Rob on the new job and Jeep, that's awesome. Nice Jeep too, that Rubi Unlimited as you know is probably the most capable Jeep off the showroom floor OEM!

One thing I did find out. In 4 Low, (it's an auto) the throttle response is almost psychic. It almost surges before you touch the pedal. Unreal jump. That'll be hard to get used to. TPS could be a little flaky but the other Rubi I drove did the same thing.

I still consider myself a member since I "provide technical support and maintenance" to 2 other XJ's both my sister's and her husband's

I have to lose those step things on the sides before I rip em off!! I will prolly pull the chrome grill and headlight bling too.

i wouldn't pull those chrome trim pieces. the paint under neat is usually pretty messed up. your best bed would be to take them off, scuff them with super fine emerycloth, and then paint them black or whatever color you want. then put them back in.

Actually, I thought that too about the inserts. But it wasn't bad. Just dirty.

QUICK CLIFFS UPDATE: Saturday, they were pouring concrete on the floor of the new building. It is gonna be nice.

Dry Saturday. Nice running. Stuck to the easy stuff to prevent any body damage on my new rig but EVERYTHING seemed easy. Got stuck in a water hole on 10 and a guy pulled me out. A few yards later (after the recovery) he blew a power steering hose. What a mess. No extra clamps or hose in any of the repair bags. He made it up the hill to #1 and back to the lot. Hope he got it home as he drove it there!

WORD OF ADVICE FOR NEWBIES... A LOCKED stock Jeep will outperform any other modded Jeep. IMHO, lockers are THE modification you must have before just about anything else. I was able to do things I never would have tried in my old 93 XJ with 6" and 33's unlocked.

SUNDAY didn't matter what you had. I left after 45 minutes. It was snotty soup all over the park. NO CONTROL, sliding sideways everywhere, locked or unlocked. The place was actually dangerous. Unless you stopped on level ground, you didn't stop. Stock unlocked rigs had to be pulled up the hill on the West side (#1) It had rained since Midnight and the place was a mess!! Even quads had a hard time and were sitting around in the parking lot.

My new opinion of the Cliffs is to only run it when DRY. The place is no fun when soaking wet unless you have 44 boggers on a tube rig.

Rocketman said:
My new opinion of the Cliffs is to only run it when DRY. The place is no fun when soaking wet unless you have 44 boggers on a tube rig.

LOL jaymo (not sure if that's his screen name on here or not, but he's somewhere on this forum) and me went through hell and back with your 2 cherokees when we were at the cliffs after almost 1week of rain during spring. so i know your feeling. LOL

and as far as your impression with the lockers. you are right. a friend of mine with a stock rubicon and a monster jeep 10years in the making decided to take his stock rubicon to a mud bog one day. after all the big V8 chevy's started sinking in the mud and couldn't recover themselves anymore, he send his fiance who had never wheeled before out with the stock rubi to pull them out. talk about embarassing for the chevy guys on 35+" tires. LOL

If it's an '06-'07, give the LJ time to "learn" your driving style and the throttle ought to lighten up a bit (unless that's your driving style). They take between 500-1000 miles for the computer to settle in to your driving habits; the enginerds did that purposely to give the engines time to break in.

Hey bud , it was great seeing you at the badlands this last weekend, we will have to get out there again soon. nice looking rig too, cant wait to see it do some tricks

Rocketman said:
My new opinion of the Cliffs is to only run it when DRY.
How would anyone know?
A "dry" Cliffs is sort of like Susquatch; theoretically possible, some claim to have seen it, but no real proof it actually exists.

kid4lyf said:
How would anyone know?
A "dry" Cliffs is sort of like Susquatch; theoretically possible, some claim to have seen it, but no real proof it actually exists.

i have seen it....and of course I have proof.........but I haven't seen it since the spring of 2005..... :D

dusty and dry

DSC00648.JPG

usually water and mud filled

DSC00702.JPG

:scared: :scared: :scared:

:laugh3:

kid4lyf said:
How would anyone know?

Odd you should mention Bigfoot... there is actually a long history of reports of a Bigfoot like creature being seen/heard along that section of the Illinois River and HWY 6.

Cliffs is never "dry" like a martini with no vermouth, but it can be "relatively dry" with the only mud in the swamps on the far North side and of course the mud holes.

Randy, great pictures as always. The green vehicle?? airbourne, is that #7 or #21?? Damn that is dry!!

The Badlands was very very dry last weekend too. NEVER been that dry in my memory. The usual swamp areas on Orange were bone dry and rock hard. It was kind of fun snaking around in the dry swamp areas, took me a while to find my way back to the parking lot after going all around in there. They haven't had any rain over a few hundredths in the last month and a half. Even the far West end of White (creek) was dry.

Would have been a great weekend for me if I didn't have the damn shovel for a skid plate and had my lift and new Nitto's. Coudn't do Green as the low clearance and the LWB of my LJ had me high centering on almost every crossover. When Jeep "Trail Rated" the LJ Rubicon they weren't thinking about Green at the Badlands.

Back