• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm back on the market!!!

AgentXJ203

NAXJA Forum User
AgentXJ203 has returned after a 2-year hiatus from Jeep-land. I sold my 89 XJ in July of 2006, and have been driving around in a Ford Explorer. I need a second car, I have thought long and hard about this, and after my impending move to PA, I will be attempting to purchase a J10 Full-Size pickup. Any tips, hints, etc, when buying these? Congenital failures? Bad rust spots? Bad engine/trans combos?

Much thanks to all.

I'm saving up to get the J-2010, been checking everyone's couch :viking:

Horrible gas mileage, piss poor electrics/electronics, uncomfortable, heavy and slow, carbureted... thats all the good points I can think of right now... :laugh2:

Seriously though, get an MJ; you'll be much happier...

I had a 1984 J-20. The AMC 360 took a dump, so I parted it out. I got more for the parts than I paid for it. It was a great truck, though, I got all kinds of compliments on it and it was really fun to drive. If I could afford the gas I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Its carbed. Best economy will be what an XJ gets fully loaded and in the city.

Dig an MJ. Its only a 1/4 ton pickup but it'll work for your cause.

If you dig a J-10, the usual drivetrain is 258/4spd/NP208 but 360/TF727/208 rigs are usual too. They're carbed, big tanks but they like gas and in this day and age, the ign and such are a little outdated.

Back