• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think Im out of here in a few months

Looks like no matter what I do I get screwed.
WTF ever! Im the most decent guy and get screwed by everyone and everything including my XJ. Ill disappear than for awhile and maybe under my rock ill some how figure out why all my misfortune to me.

smallestviolinwz4.jpg

;)

what i dont get is that TC wanted by... he would of successfully made it had you of not forced him back, so why not let him pass, slow you down, then get on the freeway and go about ur business? no problem there, no one ever got hurt for slowing down to let some idiot pass them illegally.

side note, when he was chasing you for 15 miles, why couldnt you of just got into the fast lane or the emergency lane... slowed down threw on your hazards ( to be legal ) let him pass, then turn off your hazards and go about ur business and get off on the next exit when he passes it in front of you...

ive actually reverse passed diesels a hand full of times on a twisty road because he wanted to do 65 and i wanted to do 55 (reverse pass is pulling into the on coming traffics lane when it's clear and hitting the brakes letting them pass, then pulling behind them) i call it being nice...

think of it this way, anytime you go out driving and think you need to race everyone... no matter how many people you pass your still always going to be in the middle of the pack.

I got a ticket for supposedly making an illegal left turn...cuz the GPS told me so. :) yea I was PO'd but I'm over it...bwaa haaa.

I want out of this state for other reasons I dont wish to disclose either. Cali has raped me in the rear at every turn around the corner for me since before I could drive and they keep makin it worst.

I dont feel like paying no rediculous registration fees going from $54 to $108 or somewhere close in there.
Don't get me wrong, I want out of CA too, especially with the raised taxes, doubled regs, etc. And like you, my escape of choice is AZ. The area around Sonoita is beautiful, all my friends from growing up are in Tucson. I miss Tucson...

Don't get me wrong, I want out of CA too, especially with the raised taxes, doubled regs, etc. And like you, my escape of choice is AZ. The area around Sonoita is beautiful, all my friends from growing up are in Tucson. I miss Tucson...
Really? I went to Tuscon once and I didnt like it at all. Then again you live in 29 Palms so anything is better then there :D Id like to go back though, i was only there for less then 24 hours.

I want to go too the northern part right at the base of the mountains. Dont want an extremely brutal summer but yet have a nice winter.

so why does everybody got to hate on cops??:dunno:

Once, while I was in college, I was riding my bicycle back from class and I got pulled over. The LEO used the lights and everything. Told me that he could give me a ticket for reckless driving. Apparently, he didn't see me look both ways before I crossed the street.

Really? I went to Tuscon once and I didnt like it at all. Then again you live in 29 Palms so anything is better then there :D Id like to go back though, i was only there for less then 24 hours.
For me it was the convenience of living in a big city coupled with the nearness of the mountains for wheeling, the washes, empty land towards the outskirts, and places like Sabino Canyon. Also, spending my high school years there, and having all my friends there helps...:D

I live in Tucson about 8 months a year now and go to the U of A. I love the school and its a great campus but besides that I don't think AZ is all that great. You realize what a nice place Southern California is when you step out for a while.

I'm from Irvine where cops are known to be anal and my experience here is that cops are far stricter than they ever were in CA.

Well, see, you live in Irvine. Coming from Irvine to AZ heat is a big jump up. Coming from 29 Palms back to AZ heat is about 10 degrees cooler in the summer. You ought to plan a hiking trip out to Sabino Canyon on a full moon. We used to go out there all the time and watch the moon rise over the walls of the canyon. It's not much of a hike really, it's got a "road" running through, then you can take off on the little side trails.

Plus the political reasons. Registration is a lot cheaper, emissions is easier and cheaper, gun licensing is better, etc etc

x2

I found tucson to be one of the dirtiest (literally) cities I've ever visited, felt like I needed a bath after 15 minutes in the walmart.

x2

I found tucson to be one of the dirtiest (literally) cities I've ever visited, felt like I needed a bath after 15 minutes in the walmart.

haha you found a Walmart?! I only found a ghetto as mexican store that smelled like a laundry washing place. lol

x2

I felt like that in EVERY Walmart I've ever been in.

Well, see, you live in Irvine. Coming from Irvine to AZ heat is a big jump up. Coming from 29 Palms back to AZ heat is about 10 degrees cooler in the summer. You ought to plan a hiking trip out to Sabino Canyon on a full moon. We used to go out there all the time and watch the moon rise over the walls of the canyon. It's not much of a hike really, it's got a "road" running through, then you can take off on the little side trails.

Plus the political reasons. Registration is a lot cheaper, emissions is easier and cheaper, gun licensing is better, etc etc

I have been to 29 palms and would definitely live here than there (no offense). The only great part about 29 palms is its super close to Johnson Valley.

Moving to a different state is going to cost far more than a 50 dollar registration fee. I think the those reasons and the OP's reasons are stupid reasons to move out of state. But to each his own.

I think if the OP moves to avoid getting traffic tickets he's going to be very disappointed.

haha you found a Walmart?! I only found a ghetto as mexican store that smelled like a laundry washing place. lol

I think there are 5 Walmarts in Tucson. They really are a sad site. Of the two times I've been I have seen at least two transvestites and a good number of people who were clearly doing crystal meth.

I think there are 5 Walmarts in Tucson. They really are a sad site. Of the two times I've been I have seen at least two transvestites and a good number of people who were clearly doing crystal meth.

haha yeah weird people go to Walmart... Once i went there at 2am and it was pretty scary. Weird people...

Yeah, there's a few Wal-Marts in Tucson. I can think of three off the top of my head. There's like 4 malls. No offense taken preferring Tucson, I do too. :D And trust me, the Crystal Meth population out here is probably higher than Tucson even though we have less than a tenth the population...

My reasoning behind moving back to AZ is more than just registration, it's also because emissions is easier and cheaper, gun licensing is better, etc etc. Plus I'm not a fan of CA politics...$50 registration is soon to be changing, probably be $200 for just my Jeep next year.

Back