• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I searched and searched

Re: new aux e fan

The fan out of a Taurus will fit into the mechanical fan shroud. Use a fan from a Taurus with the dual fan setup, not the single fan as it is way too large.

Be advised that if you want it to run at both speeds, you will need the dropping resistor that is located in the Ford shroud. Also, if you go this way, grab all of the wiring from the Donor including the Fan Relay Box that sets outboard from the battery. There are three relays in the box to control the fans. Why reinvent the wheel? I am running this setup in mine.

Sorry I was at work on my phone posting that. I didn't know that I was going to be graded on my post! From now on I will make sure all punctuation is correct Mt. Mike :jester:

I'm laughing at you complete inability to use sentence structure, spelling, or punctuation. :dunce:

Too many people think that it's okay to post like a complete moron. (n)

Posting from a phone is no excuse for pure stupidity. :dunce: I use tapatalk (as do many others) quite often, and have no issues with spelling, punctuation, or sentence structure. Every time I see posts that look like a Valley Girl from the early 80s typed exactly like she talks, I automatically discount the poster's IQ 50 points.

I would get the Taurus fan but I have already bought the 14in. cyclone fan, which pulls 2600 CFM. That being said it will be a lot more effiecient when wheeling than the mech fan, since it only pulls high CFM at higher RPM.

Might wanna check how you spelt YOUR :D

I'm laughing at you complete inability to use sentence structure, spelling, or punctuation. :dunce:

Too many people think that it's okay to post like a complete moron. (n)

High Engine Temps

Ok so put in a 180 t-stat thinking it would help lower engine temps lol only if jeeps were that easy!!! needless to say it didnt. So I bought a csf all metal two row radiator and had it installed as well as had the entire cooling system flushed and as my wife left target and drove about 8 miles away through stop and go traffic in about 100 degree heat and high humidity and the damn jeep got to the 3/4 mark on the temp guage.

Re: WTF?!

Stock gauge or after market? I run a all stock cooling syst in my 89 and it gets to 200 with the A/C on, thats today at 109 temp.But i change to the newer elec fan, out of a 99 i think.Did you check your fan to make sure it was working under load? (high Heat)

yea but some people have problem with 3 rows too because the fins are smaller in the three row :( and from what i know the fan clutch is good (its hard to spin when the motor is cold)

Yea thats the other thing i couldn't think of.The clutch fan.I wouldn't install a 3 row in any of my jeeps, mine is stock closed and the wife has the bigger 1.5 alum rad set-up in hers.She offroads with her A/C on.

OP what year is your jeep?

well i am replacing the clutch fan with a 14 inch electric fan that can pull 2600 cfm. So that should do the job i hope :/

and my jeep is a 96 4.0

Check the amp draw on your elec fan you have on it now.Just could be going out on over heat.Plus i cleaned the crap out of my clutch fan and oiled it real good about 2 years ago.

Well chit.I'm over the hill in Palm Springs.It would cost you more to drive here than going to Harbor Freight tool out by you.I think they have one on sale for like 12 bucks.

Back