• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I searched and searched

Re: another electric fan thread!

well the funny thing about 96 models is that they got some of the 97 stuff if they were built later in the year. like my 96 has the s blade fan on it unlike the previous years.

There's a vendor that sells a complete drop in kit to replace the mechanical and stock electric fans.

yea there is ff dynamics and dirt bound but idk what i want to do this is a really hard decision :/

well i just ordered a 14 cyclone fan made by ff dynamics that pulls 2700 cfm and only 3.12 mount depth for 100 dollars on ebay and draws just under 10 amps at full speed with a 2700 rpm and ball bearing :) running this fan and the stock ac fan should do just fine :)

I just dont know if i want to run a seperate thermostat for the new fan or just run it off of the ac fan??

new aux e fan

thinking about putting in a 12 inch ff dynamics cyclone fan that is rated at 1600 cfm with only 9 amp draw :) think i will replace stock fan with that. Think it will fit in the stock aux fan shroud??

Re: new aux e fan

1. Why would you want to do this? A properly functioning stock setup works fine.
2. How is this OEM tech?

Well the mech fan is louder than all he'll and only works hen engine is up in rpm there for not that great of a fan so I'm puting in a 14 in 2600 cfm fan that pulls more that the stock fan all the time wheather u are stopped or at speeds unlike a mech fan and by not have a fan as ur aux fan that can pull more cfm lol

Why not replace the fan clutch?
I have seen waay more problems from peoples "improved" fan setup, and it makes it harder to repair trailside when using non standard parts.

Also remember this will put more strain on your electrical system. If you are dead set on going electric, I would reccomend a durango 160A alt, and 5-90's wires...

Good luck

well then maybe i will keep stock aux fan but i do want to go to electric main fan since it will pull more cfm since you dont have to be at a high rpm like the mech fan

Are you running hot? I live in Palm Springs and my jeep runs with A/C on about 200.Mine is ALL STOCK. 1989 xj.I know we are hotter here than you are, hell when we go over the hill i turn my A/c off when we get down your way.LOL.

Are you having overheating issues? Or just like the idea of the electric more?

Is your fan clutch operating properly? Or has it peed itself with oil?

haha well maybe my temp guage is off idk. but today i am taking it to a radiator shop and having them check everything out so they can let me know how the rad is. Maybe its clogged somewhere idk. but my guage will get to about just shy of the 3/4 mark on the temp guage

I had mine flushed about 3 years ago at a radiator shop. I used that crap from the parts store and it did help but it still ran hot.Good move on taking it to a shop.

The temp guages are notoriously innaccurate, being calibrated with a glued on magnet and all. Is this the OEM radiator?

I had issues running hot for awhile, tried hood vents, ZJ fan clutch, 3core rad etc, finally at socalfest last year I had a little bit of afterboil after a long, day on the trail, overflow puked some fluid, and has run within spec since. Stubborn air bubbles can cause one to pursue an untamed ornothoid without cause... so triple check the basics first.

Well the mech fan is louder than all he'll and only works hen engine is up in rpm there for not that great of a fan so I'm puting in a 14 in 2600 cfm fan that pulls more that the stock fan all the time wheather u are stopped or at speeds unlike a mech fan and by not have a fan as ur aux fan that can pull more cfm lol

:roflmao:

how is that funny MT Mike??? When you are stopped the clutch fan is barely pulling any cfm. That being said what happends in traffic? Come on class i know we can answer this, thats right the fan doesnt spin at its full potential. That is why i want to install an electric fan. Plus all the people that have done this shave said its works very well. My buddy just put in a 1100 cfm fan to replace the mech fan and let it idle in the garage and it got up to 217 degrees then once the fans kicked on it cooled down to 185 degrees in a matter of a minute or two then when he pulled it outside it cooled down even faster. So imagine how well it will work when he is driving and air is forced into the radiator plus the fan pulling in air. The other bonus to this mod is you will gain a little bit of power when you take out the mech fan.

I'm laughing at you complete inability to use sentence structure, spelling, or punctuation. :dunce:

Too many people think that it's okay to post like a complete moron. (n)

Your.
boggle.jpg

:D

Back